Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Okay, I am an idiot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JerryP
I can't figure out how to post photos. I am a bigger idiot because I can't find directions on how to post photos. Little help?
Rusty
No problem. It takes a bit of getting used to.

You can attach a photo to your post by going to the bottom of the screen... there is a block labeled "File Attachments". There is a Browse button that you can find the file on your system. When you click "Add Reply" (or post or whatever is on a new Topic), the file will upload.

If you want to insert a pic that's hosted on another site, you need to know the exact URL. Then, click the IMG button above, insert the URL, then click IMG to close the tag.

You can attach only one photo per post. However, you can "insert" from another site more than one.

Hope this helps,
-Rusty smoke.gif
ArtechnikA
go to the attach file section, click the browse button, find the picture file you want to attach.
your browser will probably give you an 'open' button when you find the file you want; use that to select the file. click Add Reply. DO NOT click 'preview post.'

ta da.
Bleyseng
and the jpeg files cant be bigger than 300k! use a pic program to reduce the sizes of your image files.

Geoff
JerryP
Thanks guys. I didn't see the photos on the 'preview post' so I thought I was doing it wrong.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(JerryP @ May 9 2004, 11:05 AM)
... I didn't see the photos on the 'preview post' so I thought I was doing it wrong.

you were! (don't use 'preview post') biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(JerryP @ May 9 2004, 12:05 PM)
Thanks guys. I didn't see the photos on the 'preview post' so I thought I was doing it wrong.

yes ...

if you preview a post with attached pictures, the post will loose that attachment. it's a known "bug" of this BBS software ...

soooo, if you have attachments, DON'T preview the post and go straight to the "Add Reply" button ...

wink.gif Andy
TheCabinetmaker
Can we just remove the preview post button?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(vsg914 @ May 9 2004, 04:15 PM)
Can we just remove the preview post button?

it -might- be useful if you're just checking out some of the other formatting options that don't include photo attachments. i've used the 'code' and 'list' features a couple of times and it was useful then.

but i bet the 'code' feature is used in fewer than a hundredth of a percent of the posts here, and if that's all 'preview' is good for, i agree it's doing more harm than good...

(and half the time i have to edit my posts to fix typos anyway, preview or no ...)
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ May 9 2004, 07:22 PM)

(and half the time i have to edit my posts to fix typos anyway, preview or no ...)

Yep, me too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.