Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new to me 914 and day at Nazareth
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JerryP
My neighbor had this in his garage since 1987 and I never saw it. Now its in my garage.
JerryP
interior.....perfect dash
Rusty
Congrats, Jerry... looks like it has lots of potential. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
JerryP
Lots of good stuff will be going into this....
JerryP
Sorry
415PB
Nice Jerry. Looks like alot of work, but well worth it. The blue one is awesome.
Rusty
On some cars... Riv's look good. Your's is definately one of them. Very sharp ride.

-Rusty smoke.gif
JerryP
The front car is Kenny Raye...a part time Busch series driver. The number 5 car is me. Crazy what they'll let you do for a few hundred bucks. Unbelievable good time though.
JerryP
I wouldn't leave the pit until I got the guy to say "Rubbin son, is racin'"
JerryP
Thanks guys. The goal is to sell enough parts off the yellow one to buy a MIG. Then I'll try to save it. It's got some rust in the longs and sail panels but I've had worse.
thesey914
Are those ATS wheels on the yellow car? I think they're pretty rare if so.
seanery
Jerry,

I did a ride-along at Fontana and purchased tickets for ride-alongs at Indy for my family, but got rained out. I think next time they are here I will do the driving class. Which package did you do?
Levi
Jerry,
Sounds like a plan to me.

I see you figured out the picture posting thing....NOW you need to size them... laugh.gif
JerryP
Oh right. Sorry about the huge pictures.

I went through the Richard Petty Driving School. The package was called the Rookie Experience. Not as much schooling in this package to be honest considering what they are letting you do but you are following the lines of a pro driver and luckily there were guys in my group who had done it before and I was able to get some advice before my turn. I cut about 12 seconds off between my first lap and my last.

Instructor said they top out at about 135 at Nazareth in similar conditions. 105 was as high as he took me before I got the wave off. 111 was the highest speed for the day for a student. It was a blast though and I will probably go up to more laps next time. My father in law lives pretty close to the Brickyard so I'd like to try it there. 8 laps was a good amount for the first time but I spent the first five getting used to the car, track, sight lines and basicly just trying not to embarrass myself or hurt anyone.

Those are ATS wheels on the yellow car. I don't know anything about them other than they say "made in germany" on them.
Are they any good?

Those are ATS wheels. I know no
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.