Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rusty metal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dmenche914
With my motor out, I discovered some lurking rust, under some under coating, and some prior brazed on rust patches.

Looks like the battery acid got past the engine shelf, and went into the motor mount part.

I do not see this part listed in Pelican, or AA catalogs, the metal motor mount that retains the rubber mount. This is welded on to the chassis.

Anyone know of a fabricator of this part? or any luck in patching it? It appears that only the engine shelf, and a patch on the inner fender well (below battery), and next to the shelf is all that is needed other than the big problem which is the motor mount.

any experience or advice on this repair is appreciated.

Anyone local (redwood city) that wants to take a look, let me know, since no engine, it is kind of hard to move the car.
thanks dave
ChrisReale
Try restoration design in the vendors section
dmenche914
checked restoration design, and their catalog does not list the motor mounting part.

thanks dave
SirAndy
i "think" i have seen it at brads shop ...

swing by HPH and ask them, worst case, they can cut one out of a used car for you wink.gif
Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.