Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: motor mount repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dmenche914
Anyone got a passenger side motor mount (one that is welded to chassis, under engine shelf)?
Mine is rusted, So if anyone has a wrecked 914, that can cut one off, that might be helpful. Please let me know

thanks dave
Bruce Allert
Hmmmmm.... I've never heard of one being welded on the chassis. Mine is bolted thru the bar. I'm having trouble picturing what you are describing.
Do you mean the engine support bar that bolts to the chassis? I've only seen loose bolts that slide thru the chassis hole & are nutted from the top.

.......b
dmenche914
it's the bracket that is welded too the chassis that holds the rubber mount, which in turn the motor bar is mounted.

dave
Bruce Allert
OK I know of the mount for which you speak. I know of no rubber mount in that area. Maybe someone else can chime in here and enlighten me???

.........b
Dave_Darling
On the tail-shifter cars, the outboard mounts are rubber and the inboard ones are solid. The side-shifter cars have solid outboard and rubber inboard mounts.

So Dave is looking for the "pod" that holds the outboard bar mount. (And obviously has a 70-72 car.)

--DD
dmenche914
Dave Darling has it spot on, wish I had explained what i need as he did.

It is a 72, so the motor is mounted differently than laater cars, but, this part is the same on all of them. On later cars it would be the bracket that the motor mount is attached to at the chassis. On early cars the bracket has a rubber mount that the motor bar then attaches too. (early cars had a hard mount to the engine, and and my guess is that they changed it because to many engines are detroyed if bar hit a speed bump. On later cars, the soft engine mount allowed the rubber to flex, or tear, rathet than the engine case doing same. However the rubber mounts located at the engine do tend to fail if oil leaks on them.

At any rate, need a donor car for this part 70 thru 76 they all will work for me.

Anyone????

thanks dave 650 367-6936
Bruce Allert
I must say this was a good thread. I'm sure there are quite a few of us that didn't know about the motor mount change in 72. Good question Dave & good answer Dave smilie_pokal.gif

(and now let's hear from my other brother ..... Dave) rocking nana.gif

........b cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.