Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing the trans mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
Hey, hey!

I'll try to replace the mounts this week.

Any suggestions on supporting the 914 and trans to slip in these little gems?

Will the trans ( supported by floor jack ) after removing mount bolts, lower down enough to install.

Waiting for the voice of experience on this. clap56.gif
Rusty
Yep... lowering it down should be enough. Be sure to disconnect (and then reconnect) the grounding strap on the left side of the transmission.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Dave_Darling
I would also loosen, but not remove, the nuts on the bottom of the rubbber motor mounts. Best not to bend them too much. (Guess how I know this?? Could it have anything to do with me leaving the transmission on a floor jack, which sagged down overnight? Naaaaahhh...)

--DD
Trekkor
Thanks guys . Got it done in about an hour.
I didn't loosen the motor mounts. I did remove the ground strap and lowered the trans just about 6 inches. No problems.

Now to road test. MDB2.gif
Trekkor
What a difference!

If your shifter vibrates or shakes in 3rd gear or higher esp when coasting while in gear, these mounts will solve your problem.

Also getting into 1st gear is much easier now clap56.gif
Brad Roberts
The 914 mounts are EXPENSIVE. This is a nice alternative and works VERY well.

B
Red-Beard
The "trick" is pushing the bolts up before you start jacking the back backup. As everything aligns, the bolts slip down into place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.