Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.2 motronic question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
Everyone,
I haven't fooled around with my motronic electrical system for awhile. I am getting my 3.2 914 out of hibernation and I am not getting the fuel pump to turn on and the engine is turning over but not firing up. I replaced the dme relay which is the usual suspect but still not getting the engine to start even when I spray some starting fluid into the maf .
Does the fuel pump run through the dme relay and/or the motronic brain? I have also had a problem in the past where I had to connect a wire from the maf to the positive side of the coil to get spark and ignition of the engine.

I am going to go over the bentley book this week end but thought I would get some ideas from the 914 experts.
Thanks,
Buck
jim912928
Since it doesn't start with starting fluid...I take it you are getting no spark. I bet if you checked the injectors with a noid you are getting nothing there either. Since fuel isn't pumping it's most likely not getting power. If all the above is true...I'd check to make sure you are still getting power to the motronic unit itself.

I would understand it turning over as that run goes through the harness and not the motronic unit.

By any chance, when getting it ready to store, were the main + battery side wires disconnected? If so, maybe the big thick black one for the motronic didn't get reconnected?
jim912928
There is also another black wire coming out of the DME harness that puts power to the DME relay. That would be powered for start and run...and it's probably tapped into off the fuse box...check your fuses?
jim912928
...another thought...was a separate fuse box installed for the 3.2l wiring? could be up to three fuses...1 for fuel pump (to cover an inline fuse), but 2 others that feed the coil and feed the dme relay with power.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.