Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Powder coating
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ELLIOTT
I have to tell someone other than the wife ( rather someone that might care ) . I just got the gun Wednesday and today my 14yr old and I did our first parts. The guinea pig was the gas tank filler / over flow, sense it was just sitting their after the tank cleaning. I think it turned out real nice and definitely better than I thought it would.

Click to view attachment
cpfoster

Looks great !
ellisor3
Nice job. How did you bake it?
AndyB
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Apr 15 2011, 09:22 PM) *

Nice job. How did you bake it?

+1 agree.gif
ELLIOTT
Thanks
I built this oven a few years ago for doing " GUN KOTE " and figured I have to bake GK @ 325* or so for 1 1/2 hours that it would do fine for 400* . Now it looks like I need to get a bigger oven blink.gif

Click to view attachment
AZ914
Looks great!!
Steve
Looks great!! When I lived in AZ, AZ powder coat did an awesome job and they were reasonable. I need to find a reasonable place in So. Cal. now that I have moved from AZ.
pcar916
Nice job! That receiver/barrel looks a bit Mauser-ish.
pdlightning
Did you sand blast the item or use another media? Which brand of powder did you use? Eastwood sells powder but it is expensive. Harbor frieght also has it and it is a lot cheaper.

Any one used either!
abnrdo
"I built this oven a few years ago for doing " GUN KOTE " and figured I have to bake GK @ 325* or so for 1 1/2 hours that it would do fine for 400* . Now it looks like I need to get a bigger oven"

I knew I should have kept that old kitchen oven. Those came out nice!!

beer.gif
Rusty
Nice job!! Powdercoating is easy and fun!

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.