Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 59 members online
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I come in to check on some things and see 59 members, 21 guests and 1 annonomous user online. Its Monday in the middle of the day. Doesnt anybody work anymore? If everyone is off, how come nobody volunteered to come help me get the car going? I am starting to think I am not going to get it done in time for the WCC. We will see. As it sits right now, its up on 4 jack stands with no suspension, no gas tank, no brakes, no engine or trans, and no interior. pretty much just a shell. Tons to do and I have to work too. So if I do bring to the WCC, I will be sleeping the whole time. Could I at least get a "Good Luck"?
Brad Roberts
How many people do you want at your house ?

"On my command, unleash hell"

I can send in the troops.

B
415PB
Good luck Scott. Just know that if I were closer, I would be there.
Jeff Bonanno
Watcha doin' sunday?
r_towle
not everyone is on the same time zone bud...
I already put the front end back together after work today, took a test drive...ready to go for the summer now...
GOOD LUCK
skline
Today I am finishing up the yellow one I sold to get the money to do this. tomorrow I will be home from work around 1 or 2 and will be working on it the rest of the day and all free time between working. Being self employed, I get a lot of time, sometimes its not all together though. It makes it tougher that way. The weekend is about the only time I can stay on it straight through. What ya doing this weekend? I already know it will just be in primer for the event. But the body is pretty much done, I just want to make it run. I should have the rest of the parts this Friday going by tracking numbers. So this weekend it will make some good progress.
skline
QUOTE(415PB @ May 10 2004, 01:56 PM)

Could you send your avatar? That would make for great motivation!
Toast
QUOTE(skline @ May 10 2004, 01:51 PM)
Doesnt anybody work anymore?

Everyone goes to work, but nobody works anymore.

So, what exactly are You doing? idea.gif
Jeff Bonanno
I'm in for Sunday if you need another wrench turnin; what's on the docket?
skline
Well, here is what it looks like right now. So anything added to the car is a step in the right direction. I got almost every part to finish it. I am sure there will be the normal little crap from the local flaps but the major stuff is all here. So far I am into this car about 6500.00 and a lot of time. Here are some pictures of where its at.
skline
Another
skline
another angle
skline
one more
Did I mention its a V8 conversion?
skline
QUOTE(Toast @ May 10 2004, 02:02 PM)

I know you can turn a wrench, how come you arent here? I know you like these cars.
JFJ914
Good luck!

And no, since Ace Tub & Toilet (AT&T) told me to retire a while ago, I don't go to work. And no, my car doesn't run either!
SirAndy
looks like it's almost ready to roll! smilie_pokal.gif
i have seen worse. much worse. much, much worse ...

just fire up the grill and have some cold beer ready and we'll get that sucker on the road this weekend. wink.gif

as for the work thing, i'm my own boss, soooo, i can watch ANYTHING i like at work ... laugh.gif

smash.gif smash.gif headbang.gif smash.gif smash.gif
driving.gif
Jeff Bonanno
i should have picked that up from the 5.0 L line in your sig - i don't know jack about conversions but will show if called upon.

Toast would make for better scenery...
Toast
QUOTE(skline @ May 10 2004, 02:18 PM)
I know you can turn a wrench, how come you arent here? I know you like these cars.

Damit. The Wench Wench Twister strikes again.
You're right, I love working on teeners, and I especially love the rides. wub.gif

But, I am at work not working.
givemebeer.gif

Thanks Jeff. cool_shades.gif
skline
Well, Toast know she is always welcome and you dont really need to know anything about the conversion, there is many things to do that are not related to it. The suspension and brakes, rear wheel bearings and swaybars, interior and sound system, I can do the radiator install and the hoses and finish up the engine and get it ready to go in. Tons to do. I look at it and see it happening, not all that much to do, its just time consuming. PM me if you really want to come up and help.
415PB
QUOTE(skline @ May 10 2004, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE(415PB @ May 10 2004, 01:56 PM)

Could you send your avatar? That would make for great motivation!

On it's way biggrin.gif
jarbuthnot
QUOTE(skline @ May 10 2004, 05:51 PM)
Doesnt anybody work anymore? If everyone is off, how come nobody volunteered to come help me get the car going?

Nope, retired six years ago, and love it. As for volunteering, trust me you don't want my help, plus I'm on the wrong coast biggrin.gif

But I do wish you good luck. Wish I could be there, but it's just too far.
skline
Well, I got one volunteer for Sunday from San Diego, anyone else? Sean? You got some V8 experience. I will grill some burgers and buy some beer for everyone you just need to tell me what brand, I dont drink so I dont know what everyone likes. Toast is welcome to come out too for morale and she can even turn a few wrenches too. I know she does the heads.
SpecialK
Cover my airfare and I'm there!! smash.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif blowtorch.gif beer.gif
skline
QUOTE(Special_K @ May 10 2004, 05:02 PM)
Cover my airfare and I'm there!! smash.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif blowtorch.gif beer.gif

If I had it I would, this car is bleeding me dry. It is a 914 afterall. It just looks a little different.
SpecialK
skline, I feel your pain!

My '73 is also suspended un-suspensioned (?), and has been since 2001....
SirAndy
QUOTE(skline @ May 10 2004, 03:58 PM)
PM me if you really want to come up and help.

is it just me or does anyone else also sense that he's not very thrilled about the idea of a bunch of guys showing up over the weekend and help him to get his car back on the street? confused24.gif

what's up with that?
idea.gif Andy
skline
No, it would be great to have some help after all the people I have helped in the past. Its just that most of you are so far away like Brad is up by Oakland? The guy who is coming on Sunday is from San Diego. Thats a good hour and a half away. Time is a valuable thing these days and many of the other guys are working on their cars to get them ready too. I dont want to push anyone to come if they cannot take the time to do it. I know that I couldnt do it right now as mine is a long ways from being ready. I really appreciate anyone who is willing to come over and help. I will have lunch and beverages for all who come.
Jeff Bonanno
Ahndy - Scott asked for some help in a recent post/thread (can't remember which) and didn't get many nibbles. i think he may have felt a bit put out by that (please correct me if i'm off base) and perhaps didn't want to expect too much. i want to see his car roaring at the wcc (god knows mine won't be - i'm still collecting parts). i look forward to a good day of wrenching sunday!
skline
If you need parts, this is the place to come, I have a bunch of T4 parts that you are more than welcome to take with you. I have way too much stuff in my garage and that is why I am working on the car in the driveway. Let me know what you need and I will dig it out and have it sitting here waiting for you. And yes, I got no response last time I posted for help. Actually, I got one snide remark on the bird board and just said screw it. I did get an offer and he may still come out this weekend from DrifterJay, I went out to his house in temecula last year and got his car running for him. It ran like crap but it did run in the time I said it would take. I was proud of myself. welder.gif
Gint
Scott, if I wasn't 1000 miles away, I would come over and help you out.

But since I can't, Good Luck! You 'll get there.
Jeff Bonanno
sounds like a good match Scott- i suppose you will never look back to the TIV stuff after launch...
skline
Nope, I am done with the T4's and on to the big boys. No more T4 oil leaks, no more FI problems or adjusting valves and carbs, now its on to overheating worries, transmission replacements and CV joints and twisting frame rails. Its always one thing or another. But at least I have fun with it.
RON S.
QUOTE(skline @ May 10 2004, 02:18 PM)
QUOTE(Toast @ May 10 2004, 02:02 PM)

Yea,
I go to work,but I find that being here interferes with having fun & working on my 'teener.
So,I work in making parts for my car while I'm here at the job.
smile.gif Works out great for me.
Ron
SirAndy
if brad hadn't lost the keys to my car headbang.gif

it's a nice drive down there and i could stay at my mother-in-law's beach house in encinitas ....
Andy
Levi
I come in to check on some things and see 59 members, 21 guests and 1 annonomous user online. Its Monday in the middle of the day. Doesnt anybody work anymore?

Could I at least get a "Good Luck"?

Scott,
I work at home so I leave my computer on this page all day and just refreash to see whats going on....I'm addicted...what can I say laugh.gif laugh.gif
The picture is my project just so you know I'm actually working.. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Oh BTW, GOOD LUCK.... laugh.gif laugh.gif beerchug.gif
RAR
I had the day off. I am willing however, to go to Missouri and help, for the obvious reasons. You're on your own in Costa Mesa. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.