Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FREEBIES! my new start up .com adventure
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
Here’s the scoop… I’m in the beginning stages of setting up a .com online service that’s designed originally around us car guy’s and our car’s themselves. I’ve developed the general concept from my past experiences using video programs to highlight many cars I‘ve sold, coupling them with the internet to get the word out locally AND internationally. I’m in the R&D stage right now so I figure as part of my research I want to give (3) freebee’s away to my 914 friends at the 914world. In exchange I only ask private input and a positive review on my site, I‘ll cover all the other cost involved. With your input I can do whatever it takes to iron out any issues and give you a top notch photo/movie compilation off your 914. Here is what I want to donate:

(1) basic package
(1) deluxe package
(1) premium package

Directing you to my web site is probably the best way to describe what you are getting and what I’m setting up to do. Here is the direct link, look it over and P.M. me with comments if you’d like (or use the “contact us” page!)

http://www.5starmediaworks.com/

Here are the three (rough/unrefined) examples… I’m working on developing another set of “templates” after further input. Keep in mind this example is based off of an owner looking to sell.

YOUTUBE video links:

BASE example.wmv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJA4ZT7IbG4

DELUXE example.wmv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X0a5gGSG9k

PREMIUM example.wmv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uohhwrqU8us

I’m open for suggestions here on this post about how to pull 3 winners and improvements to product and site itself.

Input on Examples:
1] price
2] discounts i.e. 20% off car club members, 10% cas etc..
3] web site improvements/additions
4] video’s themselves
5] ???

Thanks, let me know yer thunks beerchug.gif … Mike

Andyrew
Mike,

It looks like a very cool business venture!

1. Your price looks good for someone who has some reputation or has many prior customers. Once you have a solid market, I think your pricing is perfect. For a little while you might want to throw a 50% discount or something just to bring clients around.

2. Discounts are a good idea. 10-20% sound fair.

3. The web site is pretty basic, If your going to try and sell visual and presentation you should spend some more time on web site presentation. Some good effects and such would be nice. I could show you some stuff and I have a friend who could design you a killer web site for a fee. Obviously you'll need a gallery of work previous works to date given customer consent.

4. Video's themselves. The video's are pretty good, but its obvious that you made the video's in Microsoft's video editor using their standard blue screens. Im not saying its a bad thing, Im just saying change the font and text and background so it isnt so obvious. (Like for instance bringing out the color of the car in either the text or the background in a matter that is pleasing to the eye.
Another thing that was obvious was the walk around. It was pretty obvious that you were literally walking around the car and looked unprofessional. You should look at making a rolling tripod. Add a couple of large rubber wheels on a tripod and let the up/down motion of the tripod remain free while you move it with your left hand and keep it in frame with your right hand.

5. Its a great idea for an idea that has not been pushed to an obvious market. I think you have a strong start and cant wait to see where you take it from here!

Andrew
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(orange914 @ Apr 16 2011, 05:19 PM) *

Thanks, let me know yer thunks … Mike

Find an editor/proofreader.
You are selling a premium product.
It's hard with a page full of punctuation and capitalization errors.
(E.g. - you are selling me a car with 'undisterbed' paint and 'Porshe' glass ?)

Curious how you will provide this service outside your immediate local travel radius.
I'm guessing your basic package does not include travel to Philadelphia to photograph my car...
Cheapsnake
I think the concept is a sound one.

Your website design is, uhhh...underwhelming. Sorry, but with all the competition out there, you've got a very short window of opportunity to grab your viewer. I understand it's still under construction, but the overall look and feel of it screams DIY template. It's one of the hardest things to do starting out, but invest a couple of bucks in a web designer with some marketing experience. Get a copy writer and use your spell checker. Bad spelling, bad grammer, punctuation errors and typos do nothing for your credibility.

As a professional videographer, I have to say the videos are actually pretty good technically. They're artsy and creative. However, as marketing pieces, I'm not so sure. My first impression was, "looks great, but what am I not seeing?" It's a used car after all and I want to know the good, as well as the bad. Technical quality is great, but if the video lacks good useable content, all the effects and artsy shots aren't going to save it.

My suggestions:
1. Narrate the features of the car (the good AND the bad). Less art, more info.
2. Make the videos only as long as they need to be. Long videos dilute the content and make more work for you, which dilute your earnings.
3. Did I miss it or did I not hear the engine running? Might be something a buyer would be interested in.
4. Don't rely solely on the video to convey the specs and features of the car. Provide a downloadable text along with the video, something a person can print and stick in their pocket.
5. Offer a service, maybe an option of accepting and screening responses before they get to the client. Anybody who has ever posted on CL and to a lesser extent on youtube knows that at least half the responses are scammers and spammers.

Please take my comments in the positive spirit that they're offered. I really do think you're on to something here as long as you can market it properly and by posting on the World, you're taking the first critical step to success on the web - building traffic.

Good luck and keep us posted on your success!

Tom
poorsche914
Don't use your yahoo email address but use one connected to your domain name such as sales@5starmediaworks.com or info@5starmediaworks.com
Looks more professional. For your convenience, you can have these "extra" emails automatically forwarded to your yahoo address.
orange914
Thanks, guys, you're input is very valuable.

Right now i only have a second so I’ll get back this afternoon. But in quick overview... grammar... yes, a huge problem of mine biggrin.gif and IT WILL be run thru before final... only a quick sampling right now.

I could use suggestions on how to emphasize that this requires the customers to send me the photo's, videos and supply info. I'm just the vessel to create the final product, post on youtube/craigslist and maybe assit in other ways

I was thinking to start off with 25%-30% discount to car groups/first time and additional 10% cas discount

Yes the blue background isn't the most appealing and i have and plan to use other types screens... maybe input on how to offer without opening myself up to a huge labor intense "open book" of optional screens available.

The e-mail is separate (yahoo) but I would like any input on how to add e-mail to the site.

Yeah Andrew, I'll take you up on any tech you want to throw at me!

yup... it does have a long way to go... Porshe! headbang.gif tooth.gif

Mike
Andyrew
Mike, if all your doing is compiling the data together and putting it on the web I dont really see the market. Where i do see the market is for old timers that dont have a good digital camera, arnt very tech savvy, and want to sell their car. Or to the middle aged mom that never got on the internet, trying to sell her car and not knowing where to start.

The people who can take high quality video, high quality pictures, find you on the internet, and tell you everything they want to say are the same people who can make the video you made, and post it on craigslist just like you did and save themselves a couple hundred bucks.

For someone like you mike (This is not ment to be offensive), it will take you say 5-10 hours to make that video and post it everywhere you will post it. For someone that is much more tech savvy, it could take them 30 minutes to an hour to make the same video and post it everywhere. So considering that, your rates are high IMHO for what you are offering. You should be in the 50-150 IMHO for what you are offering.

orange914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 17 2011, 10:49 AM) *

Mike, if all your doing is compiling the data together and putting it on the web I dont really see the market. Where i do see the market is for old timers that dont have a good digital camera, arnt very tech savvy, and want to sell their car. Or to the middle aged mom that never got on the internet, trying to sell her car and not knowing where to start.

The people who can take high quality video, high quality pictures, find you on the internet, and tell you everything they want to say are the same people who can make the video you made, and post it on craigslist just like you did and save themselves a couple hundred bucks.

For someone like you mike (This is not ment to be offensive), it will take you say 5-10 hours to make that video and post it everywhere you will post it. For someone that is much more tech savvy, it could take them 30 minutes to an hour to make the same video and post it everywhere. So considering that, your rates are high IMHO for what you are offering. You should be in the 50-150 IMHO for what you are offering.

Points well taken

What started the thought process was from the "Zack", our auto appraiser that Andy suggested. We used twice, is very much interested. He says he has probably a customer a week at least that wants exactly this. In this case a % goes to him for the customer, he supplies the professional pictures/video... bam. the other idea was to appeal to the car show old timers. there would be ample opportunity to get some cool shots. even expand to get photo's in the future. But I'd like to focuse on getting customer supplied and writing "their" story. My job isn't to sell the car but to present it as they see fit. As stated earlier... the crative artsy part.

Yes, the involved videos are labor intense and require a lot of me... but hey that’s cool, i need the outlet, i love it. I've never been scared to put out 110%. BTW this idea just came to me days ago and I've already bought and built a (very rough yes) web site, done samples, opened and learned YOUTUBE and am presently focused on R&D. As all things I try to do, I am determined to do or go down in flames (the first laugh.gif )

Quick note: Real quick, for those of you that aren't familiar with my story, I had a motorcycle/spinal cord injury 8 years back that put me in a chair... but I'll be damned if I won't keep on trucking. That said I'll challenge ANYONE to a "thumb typing" type off beerchug.gif

Again, I want to offer 3 (FREE) product samples... as experimental to throw around the 914 world and get R&D feedback on. I'll supply the materials. One of the features about this is the DVD you will have to play, anytime. It, by the way is probably why i got the high price and quality buyer for my 67 at Barrett-Jackson last year. I made 15 copies but me being cheap only handed out 3. Guess who the bidders/buyer were/was?

Keep em' coming guys
orange914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Apr 17 2011, 06:47 AM) *

Don't use your yahoo email address but use one connected to your domain name such as sales@5starmediaworks.com or info@5starmediaworks.com
Looks more professional. For your convenience, you can have these "extra" emails automatically forwarded to your yahoo address.

I'll check on this

thx
orange914
QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ Apr 17 2011, 06:14 AM) *

I think the concept is a sound one.

Your website design is, uhhh...underwhelming. Sorry, but with all the competition out there, you've got a very short window of opportunity to grab your viewer. I understand it's still under construction, but the overall look and feel of it screams DIY template. It's one of the hardest things to do starting out, but invest a couple of bucks in a web designer with some marketing experience. Get a copy writer and use your spell checker. Bad spelling, bad grammer, punctuation errors and typos do nothing for your credibility.

As a professional videographer, I have to say the videos are actually pretty good technically. They're artsy and creative. However, as marketing pieces, I'm not so sure. My first impression was, "looks great, but what am I not seeing?" It's a used car after all and I want to know the good, as well as the bad. Technical quality is great, but if the video lacks good useable content, all the effects and artsy shots aren't going to save it.

My suggestions:
1. Narrate the features of the car (the good AND the bad). Less art, more info.
2. Make the videos only as long as they need to be. Long videos dilute the content and make more work for you, which dilute your earnings.
3. Did I miss it or did I not hear the engine running? Might be something a buyer would be interested in.
4. Don't rely solely on the video to convey the specs and features of the car. Provide a downloadable text along with the video, something a person can print and stick in their pocket.
5. Offer a service, maybe an option of accepting and screening responses before they get to the client. Anybody who has ever posted on CL and to a lesser extent on youtube knows that at least half the responses are scammers and spammers.

Please take my comments in the positive spirit that they're offered. I really do think you're on to something here as long as you can market it properly and by posting on the World, you're taking the first critical step to success on the web - building traffic.

Good luck and keep us posted on your success!

Tom

thanks Tom lots of good professional advise, beleive me I know I need it!

I'll be looking it over closer

Mike
orange914
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Apr 17 2011, 03:25 AM) *

QUOTE(orange914 @ Apr 16 2011, 05:19 PM) *

Thanks, let me know yer thunks … Mike

Find an editor/proofreader.
You are selling a premium product.
It's hard with a page full of punctuation and capitalization errors.
(E.g. - you are selling me a car with 'undisterbed' paint and 'Porshe' glass ?)

Curious how you will provide this service outside your immediate local travel radius.
I'm guessing your basic package does not include travel to Philadelphia to photograph my car...

Yeah i guess I really need to focus my thoughts on making clear I need the photo's/video's. I'm sure there is a way to help suggest thumb drives, memory cards or just going to walmart and putting them on a disc.

hey wait a minute... I'll come to Philly... just send air fair biggrin.gif
orange914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 17 2011, 10:49 AM) *

Mike, if all your doing is compiling the data together and putting it on the web I dont really see the market.

No, A big part of this is to present a nice DVD to the owner. I figure this could be a large part of the market. the guy with the 36 coupe would have a hands on copy to just enjoy etc... The thing I liked about the mustang disc I made was that the person that was flying in to B.J. could slip it into their laptop or if fortunate enough to have a DVD player could watch it on the big screen.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(orange914 @ Apr 17 2011, 05:51 PM) *

A big part of this is to present a nice DVD to the owner. I figure this could be a large part of the market.

That's well and good, but -
Windows and Macs already come with DVD burning software.
I spent $85 and got a really nice video editing package.

If you're counting on the customer to do the source material and you're just contributing DVD burning services, I think there may be a value disconnect. I understand, you're also doing a UTube upload (which costs what, exactly?) and some listing sites.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, and since I already have a website and no cars for sale, I acknowledge I am probably not in your target demographic.

But you asked for input.

I think a big part of what you need to sell is _exactly_ where is the value to what you're providing.
orange914
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Apr 17 2011, 03:01 PM) *

QUOTE(orange914 @ Apr 17 2011, 05:51 PM) *

A big part of this is to present a nice DVD to the owner. I figure this could be a large part of the market.
That's well and good, but -
Windows and Macs already come with DVD burning software.
I spent $85 and got a really nice video editing package.

yes i first use the windows THEN use the roxio program to make usable on any DVD player. the windows only lets you read it on PC. I would think that would be a big part of the value to the customer that is computor "challanged?"

If you're counting on the customer to do the source material and you're just contributing DVD burning services, I think there may be a value disconnect. I understand, you're also doing a UTube upload (which costs what, exactly?) and some listing sites.

Yes maybe I'm wrong but I think there just may be a market of need for someone to just help walk them through the process, or maybe better put just do this part of getting the sale advertising. As stated earlier I was encouraged by our auto appraiser in that he see's a need and showed interest in my idea.

But you asked for input.
I think a big part of what you need to sell is _exactly_ where is the value to what you're providing.

lol, takes more than that to side track me, as monte python puts it "merely a flesh wound". yes i need to clearly and simply state the product
I think the value would be. (I have sold many cars in the past and presentation IS huge)

1] wide range of viewers (selling or ???)
2] more visual clearity
3] someone else doing the hard part (or unknown)
4] added KICK to show display- restoration for example (show cars w/DVD in trunck, etc...)
5] insurance or personal use/records
Cheapsnake
The question of market is a valid one, not so much IF there is one, but where is it and how to find it.

I see two niches here. First, and probably most lucrative is for high end cars, high end sellers that can afford the cost of high end marketing and don't have the time or don't want to take the time to market their own cars. Here you could glitz it up a bit because the client would be in a position to pay for your time. For those you could maybe even negotiate a commission arrangement.

Second market would be at the low end, for those that want to reach a wide market at a low price, but aren't computer/internet savvy. Here you do a run and gun video, snap a couple shots and slap them up with as much good info as you can gather. Believe it or not, there are still a bunch of people that don't have or want internet service. Trouble is, how do you reach them on the internet?

I really do believe either of these markets is valid, but not necessarily together on the same website. Decide exactly who you want to go after and market the hell out of it.

Tom
orange914
QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ Apr 17 2011, 03:59 PM) *

The question of market is a valid one, not so much IF there is one, but where is it and how to find it.

I see two niches here. First, and probably most lucrative is for high end cars, high end sellers that can afford the cost of high end marketing and don't have the time or don't want to take the time to market their own cars. Here you could glitz it up a bit because the client would be in a position to pay for your time. For those you could maybe even negotiate a commission arrangement. Second market would be at the low end, for those that want to reach a wide market at a low price, but aren't computer/internet savvy. Here you do a run and gun video, snap a couple shots and slap them up with as much good info as you can gather. Believe it or not, there are still a bunch of people that don't have or want internet service.

I think you've nailed what I've been thinking
1] high end. I'd pick up customers at the many shows locally
2] no time/experiance. Already have an appraiser onboard
QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ Apr 17 2011, 03:59 PM) *

Trouble is, how do you reach them on the internet?

I really do believe either of these markets is valid, but not necessarily together on the same website. Decide exactly who you want to go after and market the hell out of it.

Tom

I wouldn't nessarily be using internet to advertise. working with appraiser, word of mouth, trolling rolleyes.gif local car shows. I even think that realtors would benifit.
Cap'n Krusty
You could start by NOT using apostrophes to designate a plural. Turns educated people off, and they're your target market. Were this not on a World thread, I would have stopped reading your request for comment with the first one.

The Cap'n
dw914er
Maybe I missed some of these points, but I'll ask just to clarify...

1) You are essentially helping advertise those products using newer media methods, correct?

2) Now, since it seems like you're catering to the non-tech savvy groups, are you also assisting with the sale? I would assume that person who does not have the Digital camera probably would have a hard time figuring out how to use PayPal, etc. So, is this a part of the business plan… aka are you like a consignment dealership, a middle man, etc?

3) Andyrew makes a good point about the presentation side of it. I could see this being a great asset to a sale (after all, a picture says a thousand words), but in order to bring some credibility to the business plan, these pictures and videos should be professional quality. A photo in a parking lot, with a taurus in the background, is something most people can provide. A fully edited photo-shoot, with proper lighting, a cool use of DOF, etc, is something unique. Same goes for a video that can tell a story about the car, with well shot scenes of it driving, etc. This stuff, from an advertising point of view, can be worth spending some extra money on, especially if you're selling a special car. If you are just the middle man in the sales, then disregard what I just said (since your cost is a cheap finder's fee.)

Everything else has been covered. Goodluck on the project smile.gif
orange914
QUOTE(dw914er @ Apr 17 2011, 05:59 PM) *

1) You are essentially helping advertise those products using newer media methods, correct?

Yes, thats my goal.

2) Now, since it seems like you're catering to the non-tech savvy groups, are you also assisting with the sale? I would assume that person who does not have the Digital camera probably would have a hard time figuring out how to use PayPal, etc. So, is this a part of the business plan… aka are you like a consignment dealership, a middle man, etc?

No i don't plan to assit in the sale. I would be just directing traffic to the seller. No middleman. I like your suggestion about Pay Pal.

3) Andyrew makes a good point about the presentation side of it. I could see this being a great asset to a sale (after all, a picture says a thousand words), but in order to bring some credibility to the business plan, these pictures and videos should be professional quality. A photo in a parking lot, with a taurus in the background, is something most people can provide. A fully edited photo-shoot, with proper lighting, a cool use of DOF, etc, is something unique. Same goes for a video that can tell a story about the car, with well shot scenes of it driving, etc. This stuff, from an advertising point of view, can be worth spending some extra money on, especially if you're selling a special car. If you are just the middle man in the sales, then disregard what I just said (since your cost is a cheap finder's fee.)

The pictures in the examples where intended purely for comparision.
Thanks for the input
orange914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 17 2011, 05:27 PM) *

You could start by NOT using apostrophes to designate a plural. Turns educated people off, and they're your target market. Were this not on a World thread, I would have stopped reading your request for comment with the first one.

The Cap'n

hOw, boatS, i stert wif,a aPostrophy?

I get it about the grammer. Not my strong point. Best go post back on the grammer rant you've already started KMA.gif

Big thanks to the other constructive feedback(,) I'll get on these tomorrow
biosurfer1
Really got to go through the text with a spell checker...the first line of the "Services" page..."bennifit"??
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(orange914 @ Apr 17 2011, 07:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 17 2011, 05:27 PM) *

The Cap'n

hOw, boatS, i stert wif,a aPostrophy?

I get it about the grammer. Not my strong point. Best go post back on the grammer rant you've already started KMA.gif

Big thanks to the other constructive feedback(,) I'll get on these tomorrow

Grammar rant "I" started?

The Cap'n
dw914er
QUOTE(orange914 @ Apr 17 2011, 07:44 PM) *

Yes, thats my goal.

No i don't plan to assit in the sale. I would be just directing traffic to the seller. No middleman. I like your suggestion about Pay Pal.

The pictures in the examples where intended purEly for comparision.
Thanks for the input

Thanks for the clarification. beerchug.gif
orange914
Did a little more on the site

Spell checked

Added e-mail (contact_us@5starmediaworks.com)

Added embedded links of examples (video page)... yes temp. Boogus examples

Tried to clarify/simplify "what we do". I'll ad embedded video to home page soon

Learning alot... check the video page. Any input?
http://5starmediaworks.com/

thanks for the input guys. Still would like to make a few for several members. takers?

Cheapsnake
I just watched the video again, this time trying to put myself in the shoes of a prospective buyer. The video is full of nice pictures and soothing music but tells me NOTHING about the car or its condition, nor does it tell me where to go for more complete information. By the time I've reached the one minute mark, I've seen the car from every angle possible and without any further info forthcoming, I'm outta there. (Caution, tough love ahead.) Your job is to sell the car, not your video production skills. It appears that the video is your primary sales piece, and it tells me nothing about the car, other than it looks very nice. How many miles? Rust? What engine? Mods? History? What does the engine sound like?

You've got a very powerful sales tool at your disposal. Use it to its full extent to entertain AND inform. Grab the camcorder, walk it around as if you were actually in a car lot. Talk to the viewer, answer the same questions you'd expect any buyer to ask. Start the engine and let us hear it run, rev it a couple times and show us the exhaust. I want to see the underbelly, show it to me. I want to see the odometer, show it to me. I don't care if it's all done in neatly framed shots and accompanied by soft music or if it's just you carrying a camcorder around and talking as you go, just show it to me any way you can.

Tom
computers4kids
Mike, great idea and I wish you the best.

I agree with many of the comments about your front door to your website. If you could add some professional effects (flash etc) and soften then homemade look. Nowadays, anyone with an internet connection can post websites and videos and you want to set yourself apart from them.

Since you're trying to tap multiple markets, I might suggest you connect with someone selling their house and offer a freebie movie for the rights to use it on your site.

If you want to add a touch of "directed" motion, I might suggest you play with the free program Photostory3. If your customer is just sending photos, you can direct the motion and focus on the video show to highlight thier product.

There are so many professional and inexpensive services out there, I think connecting to the "craigslist" average joe might be a good fit--it's a jungle out there if you decide to swim with the big boys.

Good Luck,
Mark
orange914
QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ Apr 19 2011, 06:25 AM) *

The video is full of nice pictures and soothing music but tells me NOTHING about the car or its condition, nor does it tell me where to go for more complete information. It appears that the video is your primary sales piece, and it tells me nothing about the car, other than it looks very nice. How many miles? Rust? What engine? Mods? History? What does the engine sound like?

note to self:
1] Clarify that base package is probably best for NON sales. I.E. insurance record, personal enjoyment and or show display of restoration, engine build. although other packages can be taylored to aplication.
2] Upper 2 packages are best suited for sales.
P.S. the music is temp., I couldn't import better. I'll find beter soon.

QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ Apr 19 2011, 06:25 AM) *

You've got a very powerful sales tool at your disposal. Use it to its full extent to entertain AND inform.
Tom

3] "Entertain AND inform" I like that! Can I steal that line?
Thanks, Tom

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Apr 19 2011, 07:49 AM) *

Mike, great idea and I wish you the best.
I agree with many of the comments about your front door to your website. If you could add some professional effects (flash etc) and soften then homemade look. Since you're trying to tap multiple markets, I might suggest you connect with someone selling their house and offer a freebie movie for the rights to use it on your site.

4] Agreed, repeat offender. This web build is new to me, beleive me the tech support knows me well. Any advise/instruction on the home page is gladly accepted. BTW, Mark I'll do a PREMIUM DVD on your beauty for free. Except the cost of input and a testamony on the site when it's finished... of course smile.gif
5] I have a realtor next door but I want to focus on the car end first.

If you want to add a touch of "directed" motion, I might suggest you play with the free program Photostory3. If your customer is just sending photos, you can direct the motion and focus on the video show to highlight thier product.

6] I'll check that

There are so many professional and inexpensive services out there, I think connecting to the "craigslist" average joe might be a good fit--it's a jungle out there if you decide to swim with the big boys.

Good Luck,
Mark

7] I'm thinking there are 3 sub catagory's w/ the auto.
craigs list "joe" cars... base, maybe deluxe
high end sales... deluxe, premium
car show cars... personal... base, deluxe, premium

Thanks, Mark
Mike
orange914
quick update:
amoung other stuff
1] New brighter format (input plzzzz)
2] Embeded 4 video's... animated on home page
3] Spell check
4] Way improved the 3 sample video's.
5] Improved music

piratenanner.gif

I really think you'll see a huge improvement!

Lots more still to do
coffee + ADHD
Andyrew
"This video is private" On homepage.

smile.gif

Web site is already lookin better!
orange914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 20 2011, 09:38 PM) *

"This video is private" On homepage.

smile.gif

Web site is already lookin better!

changed smile.gif Thanks

Mike
biosurfer1
I would throw in a name for each page. When you log on, IE and Firefox just name the tab or window http://www.5starmedia.com...you can change that to whatever you want, i.e. "5 Star Media"
orange914
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 21 2011, 07:36 AM) *

I would throw in a name for each page. When you log on, IE and Firefox just name the tab or window http://www.5starmedia.com...you can change that to whatever you want, i.e. "5 Star Media"

I'm not sure what exactly you are refering to. I'll go in and check.

thanks
SirAndy
QUOTE(orange914 @ Apr 19 2011, 11:33 AM) *
This web build is new to me, beleive me the tech support knows me well. Any advise/instruction on the home page is gladly accepted.

The best advice was already given to you:

Hire a professional to build your web site

Bite the bullet and fork out some cash. You'll be way ahead in terms of updated look & feel as well as support of the latest technologies.
bye1.gif
orange914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 21 2011, 01:01 PM) *

QUOTE(orange914 @ Apr 19 2011, 11:33 AM) *
This web build is new to me, beleive me the tech support knows me well. Any advise/instruction on the home page is gladly accepted.

The best advice was already given to you:

Hire a professional to build your web site

Bite the bullet and fork out some cash. You'll be way ahead in terms of updated look & feel as well as support of the latest technologies.
bye1.gif

Thanks, Andy that input carries a lot of weight. I guess I'm kind of taking on the challenge and actually finding it a good learning experience. If when this actually shows promise I think I will definitely do that.

Mike
biosurfer1
Look at the very top of the page, and the name of the tab if you are using Firefox/IE 7+...they either dont have anything or just display the URL.

Now look at the 914world...see how it says "914World.com-A Porsche Community" etc...that can be set and makes the page look a bit nicer.

Click to view attachment

QUOTE(orange914 @ Apr 21 2011, 12:32 PM) *

thanks

clow
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 21 2011, 02:01 PM) *

Look at the very top of the page, and the name of the tab if you are using Firefox/IE 7+...they either dont have anything or just display the URL.

Now look at the 914world...see how it says "914World.com-A Porsche Community" etc...that can be set and makes the page look a bit nicer.

Click to view attachment

QUOTE(orange914 @ Apr 21 2011, 12:32 PM) *

thanks

CODE

1<html>
2<head>
3<title></title>

I checked your site coding (line3) Just put the name between the <title>right here</title>
The web address is the default. So its not show.

Clow
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.