Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I come???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
No promises, but I might be able to pull it off...

I'd love to meet you guys, and might be able to pull something off... If enough guys want me to come, I might just do it!
seanery
go for it, you are sponsoring the a/x you know!
Jake Raby
Yep, sent the check today for the auto X...
JeffBowlsby
Jake it would be a total pleasure for us if you could make it to the WCC. You could meet the Bay Area 914 gang and we would let you personally award the AX awards if you like. There will be more 914 activities and 914 owners at this event than at anytime, anywhere in recent years. You would be a great addition, I only wish we could have coordinated this earlier and given you a larger role in the event. But you would be a huge-enough addition as it is, if you decide to make the journey... biggrin.gif We may be forced to pin you down and have you reveal the magic Raby witches-brew assembly lube formula...

Let me know in the next day or two though, registration closed 10 days ago and we are wrapping up registrations in the next couple of days. We will unfortunately need to deny attendance to anyone who doesnt have their registration submitted (received) and paid by the end of the week.
Jenny
You should definitely come if you can Jake. This promises to be loads of fun, and I'm sure many of us would love to meet you. For as much as we all know eachother, most of us can't put a face to a name!

Hope to see you in June!

Jen
EdwardBlume
Definitely come out. It will be a great time with lots of future customers.
GWN7
I'd say be there, but that's just so Jerone and I aren't the only out of towners at the event. wink.gif
Jake Raby
will I get the furthest travelled award??? LOL

If I come, I have no idea what to bring... I might just show up and bullshit, and lack the professionalism..... You guys already know my worst side anyway!
Eric_Shea
Are you kidding?!? Have you seen how much that damn Brad is making off that event?!?! w00t.gif

(sorry B. couldn't resist)
Jake Raby
maybe he should pay my way then...... I'd do a class for you guys if he did..LOL
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ May 10 2004, 06:51 PM)
If enough guys want me to come, I might just do it!

we sure would like you to attend! smilie_pokal.gif

plus, i would get a chance to kick your ass at the AX ...
laugh.gif Andy
Bruce Allert
GAWD ar15.gif you guys are kill'n me. Shitdamhell, now Jakes gonna go.
I wanted to get down there so bad but plans had been made, plane tickets bought & resort reservations done paid fer... oh well I'll have a Mai-Tai & salute y'all drunk.gif

Hey Jake, I met ya in yer movie wink.gif get yer ass down there & have some fun, blow up an engine or sumpin mueba.gif fer me beer.gif

........b
Jake Raby
But I won't have a car there... unless I auto X a rental!

Hell I took a rental to the high desert and offroaded it, so I could Auto X one!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ May 10 2004, 08:28 PM)
will I get the furthest travelled award??? LOL

i think that one goes to Jeroen ...

his flight is going to be 14 hours (IF he has a direct flight from amsterdam).

unsure.gif Andy
GWN7
Jake, we can see who win's the AX in the rental class smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ May 10 2004, 09:26 PM)
But I won't have a car there... unless I auto X a rental!

you can drive my car. wink.gif

tired stock 1.8L.
not sure if you remember how to drive one of those. laugh.gif

Andy
Jake Raby
ahh yeah, I forgot about him.......

Hell, I'll be the only redneck there!

I wonder if Alfred is gonna come.. chair.gif
Bleyseng
You gotta be a better driver than Jeroen as he might end up in the Bay.

Still trying to figure out a way to sneak down...
Geoff
Jake Raby
I suck at Auto X.... But I have never tried it in anything other than a 180 BHP, worn out stock suspensioned car!

Thats a hoot!

The rental car sounds like a good deal... as long as it don't end up on its roof!

When I went thrashing in Hesperia that time I was crawling over rocks bigger than thecar with a smoke cloud of tire smoke all around me.. When i returned it they asked me if it has any issues and I told them that it needed a new alignment, the front tires were worn... It was a 96 Sunbird! She'd run 115 and not shut down as long as you were not in overdrive... "drive" over rides the shut down mechanism and lets you go clear till the valves float! poor car!
Andyrew
Jake, I'd love to see you there!

Rent a Neon or something.. That should do well at the autox.

Hmm, it might be fun watching all the rental cars post slow times..

hehehe
Jake Raby
sure.. I'll just leave it in first gear and bump the rev limiter the whole time!

If Brad has an old engine there I wouldn't mind blowing one up for the hell of it..... my specialty is building old engines at shows and killing them in front of the crowd... Think that would be appreciated there??
Andyrew
Think that would be appreciated there??

Where california people, what do you think we are, rednecks? laugh.gif

Just kidding of course.

I would love to see an engine blow! If you supply me with another one, you can blow mine up!!! (sabout ready..) wink.gif

Andrew
Jake Raby
cool.....

Leaving parts out is the best part....... One I did a few weeks ago only had two main bearings!!
Andyrew
(the above response about providing my engine was a joke, and states that you can blow up my engine, but you'd have to make me another engine biggrin.gif )

laugh.gif

Man leaving stuff out sounds like fun!!!

hmm.. maybe a washer here, hmm, naa, no oil, gets too messy, no grease.. hmmm leave the valve covers off, prettier..

Interesting..

Very interesting.. I think i'll have to try that!!!!
Jake Raby
maybe I'll do one blindfolded like I did last year... Built the whole damn thing with a blindfold on!

Thats the best one yet!
Britain Smith
Man Jake...that would be awesome if you could come. Brad and I were talking about that yesterday when we were trying to get a hold of you to ask some details on installing Deves piston rings on my engine. Anyway, I can talk to Rich over at HPH to see if he would donate one of the 1.7L engines he has stockpiled over there.

-Britain
Jake Raby
Cool...

Nothing is still for certain, but I definately want to come out... I have some issues that could enteir into it and make it not happen, but I'm working on those now..
Jeff Bonanno
do it man! leave out a rod!

oh yeah - and come to the wcc!
rick 918-S
smilie_pokal.gif rev it up Jake! smilie_pokal.gif Play my video for inspiration. It's going to be cool! clap56.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ May 11 2004, 05:33 AM)
You gotta be a better driver than Jeroen as he might end up in the Bay.

Geoff,

Get your darned facts straight will ya :finger2:
It wasn't me driving when my car did the submarine-excercise...
I hope you can make it after all, so I can whoop your ass at the AX biggrin.gif

And Jake, it would be great if you could make it to the WCC!!!
Hope to see ya there

cheers,

Jeroen
Jake Raby
I'll know by Thursday if I can come
DNHunt
Jake

You can be a second driver in my car. Kind of a personal connection to the new engine. Hope you can make it.

Dave
Bleyseng
Ya-roon,
Bring some Palm beer and I'll make it. beer.gif

Geoff
Jeroen
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ May 11 2004, 03:02 PM)
Ya-roon,
Bring some Palm beer and I'll make it. beer.gif

Geoff

DEAL!!!
See you at the WCC

beerchug.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Curvie Roadlover
Jake,
Don't forget to plan on the Mid-West Classic in August. It's almost in your backyard (relatively speaking) wink.gif
See nailed thread above. We'd be honored to have you attend smilie_pokal.gif
Jake Raby
Man, you guys are hard to say "NO" to....LOL

I'll do what I can!

Thanks DNHunt for the offer! I might take you up on it!
Scott S
I am SO jealous. You guys are going to have a blast. I raise a Jager to you on the 5th!

The comraderie of the 914 crowd is really amaizing. Kudos! beerchug.gif
peridotian
Jake,
You got a lap behind the wheel in my car if you want it so you can experience all the thrills of a 30 year old bone stock 1.7L (yawn).
patrick
Eric_Shea
Man... I slam Roberts on page 1 and I don't even get a finger.gif back.

This is no fun. mad.gif

Go Jake. Bring some boiled peanuts with ya and show those sprout eaters how to build one of them there type 4's. If that Yankee Hoosier transplant isn't going to pay your way via the huge WCC slush fund then charge a $10 per head entertainment fee. Don't forget to bring the Georgia metric wrenches. I was at HPH last week and didn't see a single one there. Damn. How do these boys operate? blink.gif
Hi_Fi_Guy
Jake,

Hope you can make it. With any luck Patrick Motorsports will have my car ready by June 1 and I will get to bring it down to WCC. I heard the 2270 engine run for the first time last week... sounds like a beast! I can't wait to drive it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.