Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What to do with your old Japanese car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MrPitbull
Do you have an old Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Datsun, Mazda here is what you can do....and they say that Swedeish people is crazy??? Dont leave people on an island for thousand and thousand of years......

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=847741
thesey914
WTF!!!!!!! ohmy.gif
IPB Image

IPB Image

This is an exhuast pipe?????!!!!!!!
IPB Image
rick 918-S
Crazy.. lol2.gif
Bruce Allert
Bet they got their ideas from dem goofy Japaneese cartoons that have no animation 'cept when their mouth moves laugh.gif

.....b
TheCabinetmaker
Question is not what the fuck, but, why the fuck?
Bruce Allert
this one resembles a 914 with a few rice car parts

......b
Curvie Roadlover
Don't the cars look majestic when photographed with the camera sitting on the ground?? rolleyes.gif
Bruce Allert
Oh Ya Tom... and they left out the most important part... using a 14 mm fisheye lens to really distort the car even more!!! laugh.gif

....b
415PB
That some funny shit biggrin.gif
thesey914
QUOTE(vsg914 @ May 11 2004, 05:27 AM)
Question is not what the fuck, but, why the fuck?

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif agree.gif
MattR
OHHHH, I get it. Its a joke!!! biggrin.gif

You know your cars suck when fart can honda forum beatnicks are criticizing your cars smile.gif.
Levi
Jees, I hope we don't start seeing those popping up in the states
Chris H.
I think it's interesting. Creepy, but interesting. Looks like there are a few "must haves"

1. You must have an external oil cooler mounted on the outside of the front of the car. The lines must be very visible and be threaded back through the radiator opening. Lot of slack is better.

2. Screw-on flares are all the rage

3. Really wide tires are a must

4. The exhaust should look like an old "Cartoons" magazine sketch.

5. Fit and finish is not that important.

I haven't seen some of those old Toyotas and Mazdas in a LONG time!
Ferg
I dunno (flame suit on) I like it! ph34r.gif

I would rather see more "things" like this on the road, than your average bolt on upgraded civic/eclipse/neon. It tells me that the owner has a imagination and is not just "trying" to be cool. I would imagine that they don't take it to seriously blink.gif .

Ferg.
Jenny
Those vans look like transformers. lol2.gif

Jen
DrifterJay
the purple car is a 240sx early body style (89-94) used to be a hatch...but is converted over...makes the car stiffer...a lot of drifters in japan do that to take out body roll and the such...
DrifterJay
85 corolla....drift car baby...
DrifterJay
yum
DrifterJay
eee
DrifterJay
clean..ugly
DrifterJay
vroom vroom...130hp baby....same power to weight ratio as most teeners...
DrifterJay
woot biggrin.gif
DrifterJay
hmmmhmm
DrifterJay
corolla baby...
DrifterJay
89 240sx with s15 silvia front end conversion.....sr20det motor....small garret turbo....is pushing approx 230-40 hp....fun car to get assended out with...
DrifterJay
same car
DrifterJay
bad bass...
DrifterJay
look the kit actually does fit (ASSHOLES)
DrifterJay
other 240s without the front conversion...
DrifterJay
for the ladies...
DrifterJay
last...peace out... welder.gif
MattR
QUOTE(DrifterJay @ May 11 2004, 11:41 AM)
vroom vroom...130hp baby....same power to weight ratio as most teeners...

Yeah, same max power to same max power, but look at the torque numbers and power curves, and driveline efficiency. I dont know what kind of engine that is, but I was looking at an Acura Integra Type R engine curve, and it had a crappy 100 lbs of torque on a pathetic curve and a really peaky 8000 rpm horsepower. It made me laugh after seeing jake's power curve on a type 4... and probably for less money. Then again, ricers think red spark plug wires add 10 hp.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but jay, why would you put a skyline front end on a car that isnt a skyline?

I honestly question if some of the cars pictured can make it to freeway speeds without imploding or something . wacko.gif
Brett W
That red corolla looks like the IMSA body kit that used to be available for my 75 CHEVY Monza. Except that car was cool. Big V8 little bitty car. Too bad it was built by cheverolet.
DrifterJay
matt.....please....that is not a skyline front end genius.....the S15 silvia was the newer version of the 240sx....not the skyline...it is a popular swap because that front end was used on the front of 240sx in japan after it was discontinued in the U.S....it is a direct swap that can update the entire look of the front end for less than a thousand dollars. Matt...without imploding?? Wtf are you talking about...the cars I displayed are about owners who actually car about there cars...and put just as much time and effort that you probably do....to say that is to put the whole hobby of auto customization/collection down. Just because you dont like something doesnt mean u have to put them down...as for the power curve on a b18c5 type R engine...well that is stock....I have seen type R engines with close to 230-40 hp with nearly 200 pounds of torque get 30 mpg while running the ac in the comfort of a new car. Or better yet, and integra GSR (b18c1)....little 1.8 with 200hp 170 tq....pass smog...and get 30+ mpg on the road....all for less than 2.5 grand.....granted its no camaro...but having straight line perfomance is not whats its all about....as is the fundamentals of this club in general....they can definately outrun any bigblock car out there in the twisties....while enjoying the ice cold ac which I am sure you have in your 914.....Then again.....what was my whole segment of pictures about....drifting....Was I even showing any FWD cars in the first place....Absolutely not...so why bring up the hondas in general....just to bash them? Because imports suck right? Yes I think putting the front end of a BMW or skyline is stupid....waste of money....but then again...its not a skyline... wacko.gif
pissoff.gif
MattR
Skyline, silvia... its all the same biggrin.gif
You're right, my fault. I made a mistake.

I brought up the honda because that engine up top looks like a typical type R engine with all the spark plug wires and strut bar cordinated in 'rising sun red' color.

The imploding cars were the ones on the previous page, not the drifters. Im not a drift fan, but I can respect it as a motorsport. The suspension angles, rediculous camber and toe, and those vans are just cartoons. Its like driving a big pokemon.

I'm totally done arguing about ricers on forums. Thats why I came here. Fine, hondas rule, yeah, they handle better and have more power then any porsche... blah blah blah.
DrifterJay
:dhead: ....cool lets keep the peace.....I do drive a 914....with altezza lights....cut springs....big ass can...its soo tight dude...runs like 11s.....the badass LE spoiler gets me all the ladies too... cool_shades.gif
Andyrew
Boys boys...

Continue this heated debate in PM's if you want to shead blood..

You both have very valuble idea's..

Drifter cars, and Street rods are two different worlds. To each his own.. dont bash each other.

If you must, sit back and laugh at each others ignorance.

biggrin.gif

Have fun.

Andrew
DrifterJay
sure thing mom biggrin.gif
Andyrew
that would be wierd, since your a little older than me..

eww.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.