Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCV breather ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ynotdd
anyone add a better pcv system? or breather box? I am getting oil leaks only after lots of high RPM driving Autocross/ DE.Normal driving no leaks. I was thinking of venting the valve covers and the rest of the factory vents to an air breather box. has anyone else had this problem or done this?.chris, brad, jake please need help . flag.gif smilie_flagge24.gif
lmcchesney
Are you speaking of a system like this?
http://www.9xauto.com/914.html
L. McC
ChrisFoley
I believe CB Performance has a nice aluminum breather box.
My street 914 has a plastic quart oil bottle for a puke can, with a hose from the PCV fitting on the filler. It hasn't filled up yet. ohmy.gif
On my race car I have an aluminum box in the rear trunk with hoses from both valve covers, and a hose to the filler cover. There is a K&N breather mounted on the box so it vents to atmosphere, and the hose to the filler drains any oil back to the engine.
Randal
I had the same problem at Thunderhill. I bought an alu. tank, but it was pricy. I think Summit's tank would work pretty well if the fittings are large enough.

My Webpage

Jegs also has some nice alu tanks, but they are about $60.00.

BTW my current tank is about 9" long, 3" in diameter. Much better than the little bug performance tank that was on there before.

I think the trick is to be sure the tank can hold enough oil.
crash914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Let's see em.....good, bad and the ugly........

herb
ChrisFoley
This is my brerather box.
ChrisFoley
The drain comes through the trunk wall from the bottom center of the tank.
Randal
Here is a picture!
ynotdd
Let me see if I got this right .. the case and heads right now vent to the air box. I should vent the valve covers also to the air box ?or to a new box that will acomadate all 5 vents.I hope this helps with the leaks, I hate leaks!!!!!!! I see that CB has all the equipment I will need and cheap! thanks guys! smilie_flagge24.gif
crash914
All right!!!

The pictures are a big help....keep them comming guys.....

do you tie in to the existing pvc valve?

herb
Randal
What supplier is "CB?"
cha914
Chris,

Did you fill your breather box with anything? I know some have foam, and others use steel wool?

Thanks,

Tony
Rouser
I use this one and it works like a champ.
IPB Image

Just attach it to both head vent tubes, remove the PCV valve from the oil filler fixture, install one of the (included) barb fittings, and attach hose accordingly. Pretty painless.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(cha914 @ May 26 2004, 07:16 PM)
Chris,

Did you fill your breather box with anything?

I stuffed a piece of fuel cell foam inside mine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.