Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Another insurance question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joea9146
I noticed that we had some insurance guys so I thoght I would post my situation and see what you guys advise.

My wifes car was less than 2 weeks old when it was bumped from behind.
The damage consists of round marks in the rear bumper form the screw on the orher cars front plate. One on the marks goes through a seam on the bumper. I bought the car to the body shop and they said 1200 to replace the rear bumper. I think its a fair price and its what I want a new bumper wrap not a repair on a car less than 2 weeks old. The other insurance only wants ro give me $567 and only want to pay for a repair. Because of where the damage is the body shop is not willing to gurantee a repair on the bumper.

I have gotten no where with the insurance company but have filed a complaint with the state insurance commison, the Attorney General and the AutoBody commisson. Anyone have any additional thought on how to get the insurance company to see things my way.

My insurance company Negotiaed the claim down to $998 dollars with the body shop and said Oh sorry you have a 1k deductiable so you get nothing from us. I just want to cut through this BS and get the car fixed the way it should be. Not a repair but replacement
anthony
What's wrong with repairing the plastic bumper skin? Do you have any reason to believe the repair won't hold up?
joea9146
I guess the principal that the car was less than 2 weeks old when hit, should be put back into the same like new condition. Not patched or repaired car only had about 600 miles on it when hit.

Also one of the repairs would have to be done right on a factory seam in the bumper.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(joea9146 @ May 11 2004, 06:41 PM)
I guess the principal that the car was less than 2 weeks old when hit, should be put back into the same like new condition. Not patched or repaired car only had about 600 miles on it when hit.

Also one of the repairs would have to be done right on a factory seam in the bumper.

Once the car is off the show room floor it's a used car. You said your car is two weeks old. Key word is Old. Do you think your the first one that has ever complained to the commisioner? They don't settle issues of repair vs replace. They look to see if the claim was handled within the laws that govern insurance in your state. If your shop won't gaurentee the repair bring it someplace that will. Plastic bumpers and plastic repairs have come a long way. I owned a collision shop for 20 years. Pick a shop with a gaurentee the repair and move on. It's part of life. It could be much worse.

P.S. the usual disclaimer, yada yada blah blah blah
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.