Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tire shortage???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Everyone seems to be back ordered on these tires in this size.

I'm going to need new shoes for my 914 MDB2.gif
Best prices seem to be here (62 ea):
Vulcan Tire

Wheel Works wants 120 ea, but when i mentioned the internet, they say the closest they can come to that price is " price+$20 per tire"

What is my next best bet tire wise in this price/preformance range??
seanery
you looking for a harder DOT-R tire?

the a032 is harder but more like $150.
The soft stuff won't stand up to any street use.
MJHanna
Yokos
AVS ES100
Ultra-high value and performance. V-speed rated.

205/50R-15 86V BSW
Reading the Tire Size

$80.00 ea.
discount direct
Part Pricer
Edge Racing's website says that they have them in stock at $62 per tire.

http://www.edgeracing.com
Dave_Darling
I'm told that the local Sears can get the Azenis... Might be worth a look.

Kumho 712s are supposed to also be good hard-compound tires. Bridgestone S-02s and S-03s, but I don't know if they come in 15" sizes. BFG Comp TA-KD tires are also supposed to be good.

Generally, the Azenis are the cheapest of the lot. I've run some of the Sumitomo tires (also quite cheap) on my yellow car, and wasn't all that impressed. They were OK, but only OK.

--DD
Mueller
I've got the Kuhmo 712s on my 911, not too bad, the Falkens supposed to be a little softer and I figured these are a good choice to go with until I get some more auto-x time in my 914 before I step up to more dedicated and serious tires.

According the thier website, Discount Tire has them in stock as well, cheaper grand total since shipping is free.
GaroldShaffer
I'm told that the local Sears can get the Azenis... Might be worth a look.

I was told the same but when I called the Local Sears I was told they don't have them in stock in that size. They can order them...yada yada yada...

-Garold

PS order mine from Vulcan Tire a few months ago. Got here in 4 days.
DNHunt
I was told the Falkens are on national backorder and the company should do another run soon. I decided to go with Yoko AVS ES100 205 55 15's. Close to the right diameter. Like them pretty well so far. Nice on the highway. Pushed in tight corners at AX but that's probably the rest of the setup and I might get that better.

Dave
maf914
Dave,

How is the tire noise with the ES-100 tires. I'm considering the Yoko AVS ES-100 and the AVS dB-S2.

Now, don't laugh when I ask about the tire noise. I figure i've got enough noise, or should I just say sound, with the Weber carbs growling away behind me. laugh.gif

I'll go with 205/60's as I currently have.
DNHunt
Mike

I cant tell. I don't here anything over the other noises.

Dave
Mueller
Hey Dave,

Are you rims the stock width or did you have them widened up a tad?
DNHunt
I got them on 6" wide Empi (I know:barf:) rims. The guys mounting them had a hell of a time getting them to seal. Been just fine though.

Dave
Mueller
Empi's??

So you have two sets of rims/tires or you are no longer running the steel rims?

I'm just going to bite the bullet and get Kuhmos 712's (205/55/15) mounted on my 15x5.5 Enkies (current tires are old Pirelli P 4000 sized 205/60/15) to use as street tires.

I have one perfect Fuch, so now I just need to find 3 more at a reasonable price or find something else...I really want Panasports, but they are hard to get right now, besides the price is very steep at about $230 or more per wheel...ouch !!!!

I'd be happy with another set of Enkies if anyone has a set smile.gif
DNHunt
No gonna make do with 1 set of wheels, tires. Outa money huh.gif

Dave
seanery
Dave, dontcha have some clients who may need an extra root canal, filling, etc... ? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.