Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT:Steeerike!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TimT
So what happened in the 55 year gap?

Baseball

I was given tickets to a yankee game last year... couldnt bring myself to use them.... with $6 beers, and $4 hot dogs....

I prefer going to the minor league games Long Island Ducks, or Coney Island Cyclones ( go clones LOL) much less money, for everything... I think last year $9 got me in the park... the food still was stupid expensive.... but not $6 beers

So this game was invented or adapted somewhere in the NE I wonder if they will decide with any sort of certainty!

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming

beerchug.gif
Levi
QUOTE(TimT @ May 11 2004, 04:19 PM)
So what happened in the 55 year gap?

Baseball

I was given tickets to a yankee game last year... couldnt bring myself to use them.... with $6 beers, and $4 hot dogs....

I prefer going to the minor league games Long Island Ducks, or Coney Island Cyclones ( go clones LOL) much less money, for everything... I think last year $9 got me in the park... the food still was stupid expensive.... but not $6 beers

So this game was invented or adapted somewhere in the NE I wonder if they will decide with any sort of certainty!

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming

beerchug.gif

Tim, I'm with you major league, is way to spendy and I'm not into helping out those rich, spoiled major leaguers. mad.gif
Now the minor league is cool..plus thats all we have in the Spokane area biggrin.gif
TimT
Yea and whats up with the major league player "pensions"? Like A-Rod will be wanting when he retires.....

Dissolve the pension fund and cut us fans a break LOL

BTW a visit to Cooperstown is cool
MattR
I read that on espn this morning. Interesting, but something sounds fishy. Why should it take atleast 100 years between baseball was a nationally recognized sport and they "remember" it wasnt created by Abner Doubleday.

Oh well, its a lot of fun to watch, even at Dodger Staduim with 4 dollar hot dogs and 6 dollar beer. What I love is getting 6 dollar seats and not buying anything. It makes me feel like I've beat the system.
Levi
Yeah and theres nutin like watching millionaires fighting because the batter had to dodge a wild pitch
MattR
Yeah, but you can say that about any sport:

Theres nothing like watching millionairs running into eachother (football).
Theres nothing like watching millionairs try to shoot an oversized ball into a small hoop and curse at eachother (basketball).
Theres nothing like watching millionairs say "eh" all day (hockey smile.gif).
Levi
QUOTE(MattR @ May 11 2004, 06:49 PM)
Yeah, but you can say that about any sport:

Theres nothing like watching millionairs try to shoot an oversized ball into a small hoop and curse at eachother (basketball).
Theres nothing like watching millionairs say "eh" all day (hockey smile.gif).

Yuppers...they ALL piss me off... laugh.gif laugh.gif
MattR
The only ones that dont piss me off are racers. Im just straight up jealous. They are a bunch of millionairs paid to drive cars all day...
SpecialK
QUOTE(TimT @ May 11 2004, 04:19 PM)
with $6 beers, and $4 hot dogs....

WOW! what a bargain! The last Cardinal game I went to (2 years ago), they were getting $7.50 for a 16oz. can! ohmy.gif And the real bitch is it's "Busch Stadium", and the Anheuser Busch Brewery is like 1/4 mile away! You'd think they could cut you a little slack on the price since shipping wasn't an issue.

Screw 'em, I'll grab me a sixer and watch it on my HDTV. beerchug.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(MattR @ May 11 2004, 06:49 PM)

I thought that was NASCAR blink.gif
scruz914
I am with you on the minor league games. San Jose Muni is where the S. J. Giants play. $10.00 gets you a seat right behind home plate. There is much more of a home town atmosphere at the games and having the beer batter strike out gets you two beers for one.

-Jeff
balljoint
How about a game of catch?

Outside of being at a game. Not thinking about the $, or looking at the gold chains. The best way to enjoy baseball, for me, is a sunny weekend, the game on the radio, and someone to throw the ball back to me. Just watch you don't throw over my head and hit the Porsche.
Jenny
Oakland A's have dollar wednesdays. Upper reserve seats for $2, and $1 hot dogs. smilie_pokal.gif

Let's go Oakland!! clap56.gif

Jen
lmcchesney
Fond memories of taking the boys on the "El" to Wrigley field. Grab a bag of peanuts on the way and bring some soads. Nice day. Suddenly, a baseball game breaks out. Who won? Doesn't matter. Now, it's a short drive to the very nice and cheap Fifth/third field for the Mud Hens. About the best stadium I've been in.
mike_the_man
You could always watch CFL. Not many, if any, millionaires in that league. Tickets are fairly cheap, and its easy to sneak your own booze in. But, you have to live in Canada. I much prefer CFL to NFL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.