Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Autocross Organization
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Hey guys, our region CIR is interested in running some autocrosses. I know that Demick & Rob are involved in the organization and running of them. Can you make some recomendations so I can get us organized? Any tips? Been there done thats? Etc...

Also looking for reference for materials that I can download/buy/checkout etc...to help.

I've only been to one autocross, but suspect there are a lot of folks in the region who aren't ready for big tracks, but would be interested in autocross.

thanks in advance.

-sean
Part Pricer
Sean,

There are some good links at the top of this page that should help you out.

http://fcscc.com/links.htm

MDB2.gif
Part Pricer
The Novice Handbook is a great resource for those just getting started or experiencing AX for the first time.

MDB2.gif
Randal
I have a good source for cones, i.e., very reasonable, when you get ready.
EdwardBlume
There's a ton of work involved in getting one going but its worthwhile.

You need a committee to establish rules. You need a budget to buy equipment, trailer, timer, etc. You need to figure out insurance (PCA), sites, and cost.

After all its done, you need to look at how each event will be managed. A good book to start out with is "Secrets of Solo Racing 2" by Hank Watts. Also, check out the GGR PCA website. Finally, do a search on the Houston PCA region for a track design handbook that helps you learn track design.

Lastly, keep in touch! Good luck, R
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.