Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2270 CC and classes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
peridotian
I understand that if I go with 2270CC carbed motor that this will push me into a class with 300 HP delinquents for AX purposes. What rule book is this type of information in?
Mueller
Rule book

for auto-x, I wouldn't worry about it too much, the key thing is having fun, but you might get lucky and still come in first in your class if no one else shows up or you become that good of a driver.....too me it seems that the tires in whatever class is more of a deciding factor than all out HP
Demick
Patrick

You will have to read the rule book pretty carefully to figure out exactly where you end up. And yes, with a 2270, you will end up in the fire breathing, trailered, race car category.

But don't fear. A new set of rules are being proposed for next year. This would be a points based system where your car is assigned a points base, and then you add additional points for each modification. This way, you only 'pay' for modifications that you have. A single modification does not put you into a ridiculous class. You can see the proposed system here:

Proposed rules

Demick
lmcchesney
Try these sites:
http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/
http://www.pca.org/pca/clubrace/docs/forms.htm
L. McC
skline
If you dont tell them its a 2270 how would they know? Do they take the car apart and check it?I always wondered that?
Mueller
the carbs alone put him in another class.......besides, the 1st time he gets on the gas and smokes the tires going thru a corner that the other "stock" 2.0's are not doing the same, people will start to ask questions smile.gif

for regular PCA auto-x'n, someone might protest.....

just go with the class your put in...AFAIK, Partrick does not plan to compete in SCCA or PCA Club Racing, for him, it's a fun time car with the occasional auto-x.
Jake Raby
Yeah... he would smoke the tires okay....

Most of the guys that get a 2270 really learn alot at their first event...compared to a 2.0, you may as well be strapped onto a rocket!
Randal
Here is a summary of the current rules for GGR:

My Webpage
Demick
I think that motor puts you in Gm. Which is pretty much an anything goes class up to and engine size of 2750cc (4 or 6 cyl, non turbo, air cooled).

Demick
nine14cats
Yep...looks like your car is GM to me. That's the class I ran last year before moving to Y which is unlimited anything up to 2750cc's.

The new point system may be better. But I already know that it's not perfect for me. The current class Y Time Trial record for Thunderhill is ~2:05. In the new points system I'm classed with some 3.0 911's, one of which ran a 2:00 lap during the timed runs. That's 5 full seconds under the previous record for a car similar to mine. Bigger engine? confused24.gif I don't want to go bigger....

But for Auto-X the HP doesn't make as big a difference. The car setup and driver make much more of difference in keeping things close.

Good Luck!

Bill P.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.