Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Other WCC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Demick
Looks like there is another WCC scheduled for the same weekend as our WCC.

They call theirs the Jaguar Wine Country Classic. Held at Sears Point Raceway June 5 and 6. They even have a classic car cruise scheduled for Friday! Oh the nerve of those people. smile.gif

Demick
Jenny
QUOTE(Demick @ May 12 2004, 10:54 AM)
They call theirs the Jaguar Wine Country Classic.

I'll bet they even stick out their pinkies for sipping wine. <_<

Jen
SLITS
It won't work. Old Jags won't run far enough to have a "drive" - Lucas electrics ya know laugh.gif
seanery
their drive is called - the 17 mile Push & Pull! LOL!!!
sponsored by AAA LOL!!!

I kill me!!! LOL!!!!
SLITS
Just think, all of them standing around with their white scarfs, driving gloves and little beanies, puffing away on pipes, sipping on tea, trying to figure out how................,

I'll take the life of the bastard teener owner - roasted animal parts, encased in an intestine, malted beverages out of a can............ wub.gif
Levi
QUOTE(seanery @ May 12 2004, 10:12 AM)
their drive is called - the 17 mile Push & Pull! LOL!!!
sponsored by AAA LOL!!!

I kill me!!! LOL!!!!

laugh.gif lol2.gif laugh.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif
Jeroen
They must be having their cars trailered up there and then the trip is all down hill biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
william harris
biggrin.gif I say chap, could you pass the Grey Poupon? wacko.gif
balljoint
sponsored by AAA LOL!!!

If Jags are sponsored by AAA then judging by the beer required to deal with my car, the 914 event should be sponsored by AA.

beer3.gif

God give me the serenity to accept things, which if I keep takin' stuff apart, are gonna make this restoration go on forever;

unsure.gif

Give me courage to weld/hammer/paint/POS-15 the things which must be weld/hammer/paint/POS-15ed;

smash.gif

And the wisdom to distinguish one from the other.

Pass me another cucumber sandwich please.
seanery
Dave, you ever met miles? smile.gif
balljoint
No. Why do you ask?
seanery
your words reminded a bit of his. nothing bad.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 12 2004, 10:04 AM)
It won't work. Old Jags won't run far enough to have a "drive" - Lucas electrics ya know laugh.gif

Yes, Lucas - "Prince of Darkness"
ppickerell
After I sold the first car I ever owned, a 59 MGA; I looke closely at an XKE. I was SERIOUSLY smitten. Someone tipped me off at the last minute by citing the cost of a basic hired out tuneup and I quickly sobered up
EdwardBlume
Jaguar??? Oh you mean FORD.
theol00
The Jaguar Wine Country Classic is one of the larger Vintage Race Events at Sears Point, organized by the same people that run the Monterey Historics

http://www.searspoint.com/

This is actually real road racing vs parking lot racing wink.gif

smilie_flagge24.gif
ppickerell
ya mean like real wheel to wheel? I would pay to watch these dentists scraping fenders.
theol00
Patrick - I do mean wheel to wheel and among those "dentists" are guys like Phil Hill, George Follmer, and many other "real" racers and a lot of vintage car guys that love their old sports and racingcars just as much as we do - among those you will most likely find a few guys with original 914 GTs and other cars, like the 904, 906, and maybe even a 917 running against period race cars- check the Sears Point website - is is actually really good racing in old racecars - it's not a bunch of old farts in their polishied antiques doing a parade lap.
ppickerell
Theo,
I love the concept! I was serious as to wishing to see these guys wheel to wheel! I have always loved the quirky british cars. A good friend of mine has done some stunning "T" series MG resto's. As a teenager in San Jose I was one of the few of my peers who did not get excited about Detroit Iron. The guy who sold me my MGA in 1973 is now working at my company running my night shift.
ppickerell
Old farts in tin cans doing victory laps...I eat up the Mille Miglia stories in the Chronicle each year about the cars who don't make it up the hill on California street as they leave the Fairmont.
theol00
Patrick - it really is cool - you should check out the Wine Country Classics or the Monterey Historics - they have somewhere in the neighborhood of 350 - 400 vintage race cars of all flavours and classes there - from little Abarths, Cobras, Ferraries, Porsches, CAN AM and TransAM and even F1 cars lots of fun to watch and to race in - If I get a chance to come, I'll look you up at the WCC and we can do some bench racing - cheers! smilie_flagge24.gif
theol00
here is some more info

Jaguar Wine Country Classic , June 5-6
Historical Riverside Raceway Celebrated at Jaguar Wine Country Classic Vintage Car Races

Tuesday, May 4, 2004
Historical Riverside International Raceway put world-class motor racing on the map in the western United States when it opened its gates for the first time on Sept. 21, 1957, in Southern California. For the next 31 years, the track built memories that will last a lifetime with such stars as Dan Gurney, Phil Hill, Parnelli Jones and Carroll Shelby.

The raceway closed its gates for good in 1988, but for one weekend, memories will come alive as Infineon Raceway celebrates the famous raceway with the Riverside Reunion, which will serve as the theme for the Jaguar Wine Country Classic Vintage Car Races, presented by Bank of the West, June 5-6. Riverside featured the best in motor racing, whether it was Formula 1, Can-Am, Formula 5000, Indy Car or NASCAR, and that tradition will be honored at Infineon Raceway.

The Riverside Reunion will highlight another great weekend of vintage car racing on the 12-turn, 2.52-mile road course.

It will be a true celebration of some of the most infamous cars to ever take to the track, with more than 350 entries expected for the weekend. Highlighted machines will include cars from Ferrari, Bugatti, Lotus, Corvette and Jaguar. Competition will take place in nine racing groups, with competitive cars dating all the way back to 1914.

Enthusiasts can get an up-close look at these beautifully-maintained machines while enjoying a stroll through the open paddock and chatting with drivers. A variety of car corrals will also be featured throughout the facility, including areas for Porsche, Dodge Viper, Mercedes, Corvette, Shelby Cobra and Jaguar.
Hawktel
I'll own a Jaguar one day.

As the old joke goes, The brit's drink their beer warm because Lucas makes refrigerators.
theol00
George Lucas - the Prince of Darkness
PatW
My Dad had a 64 E-type when I was growing up.. I spent many a summer waxing it. I loved that car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.