Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On the Road again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Took the yellow car for a putt around the town today. I must say, it is pretty impressive. 2270 has more power than I thought it would. The thing just gets it at any RPM. The low end torque is really strong. The carbs make a lot of noise too and it sounds great. I now remember why I like these cars so much. What a ride!
seanery
lucky bastage!

nice tits! ohmy.gif
Jeff Bonanno
agree.gif on both points - did you build the 2270? add it to your sig!
swood
That one had the straight cut gears? What components for the build did you use again?
skline
Well, I would add it to my sig but its not mine anymore. I built it with a 78mm crank and 96mm pistons and cylinders. Rimco did all the machine work on it and yes it has straight cut gears in it with a SCAT cam and lifters. I dont remember off hand what the lift and duration was but it was a little higher than a Web cam 86b. The flywheel is lightened and the pistons were all balanced within .05 grams. Rimco balanced the entire rotating assembly before I put the engine togther. The thing is very impressive when you accelerate at any RPM. The carbs really have a throaty sound to them and it just gets up and goes. Being yellow its not really the car you go buzzing through traffic in town with as it stands out especially with all the noise. But it breaks the tires loose when you just punch it after you start rolling and when you hit second and nail it too. By that time you are up around 55 or 60 and being in town, that is too fast. I will miss this car when its gone. I take it in tomorrow for a leak down test to verify everything is good on it. Once that is done, the guys are coming to get it and take it away. So I am driving it in the mean time since it is still fully insured and the reg is still in my name. I might as well enjoy it while its here. Tons of fun.
bernbomb914
sounds like fun to me. when I fix my trans my2270 will go in. can hardly wait
yellow is faster

Bernie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.