Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muffler Kraaaap!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Engman
So last fall I bought a new ANSA muffler for the 2.0 on the 74 that is being rebuilt. Well last night I decided to fit it on my 73 with the 2.0 and whadda you know - IT DONT FIT. Crap - yeah I know these are only a so so muffler but I wnated to hear how it sounded compared to the unknown mfg one I have on mine. (Actually I think it is a manta). I will have to post the numbers on it later (mfg part number) Maybe someone can tell me what it is made for. I am pissed - was advertised for a 2.0 914 - now it doesnt wkfjaeisljrfiopsaejf fit!

M
TheCabinetmaker
73 & 74 have a trapezoidal shape. 75 & 76 have a trianglar shape. They both use 3 bolts. 1.7 has 4 bolts IIRC.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(vsg914 @ May 12 2004, 02:56 PM)
73 & 74 have a trapezoidal shape. 75 & 76 have a trianglar shape. They both use 3 bolts. 1.7 has 4 bolts IIRC.

nope, my 1.7s have both had 3 bolts too...
TheCabinetmaker
Thanks Wayne, They are different, just don't remember how. Oh yeah, They have a slightly different bolt pattern, and the pipe size is slightly smaller.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(vsg914 @ May 12 2004, 03:09 PM)
Thanks Wayne, They are different, just don't remember how. Oh yeah, They have a slightly different bolt pattern, and the pipe size is slightly smaller.

the main thing I know about... the pipes raise up in the back, instead of staying straight... and yes the diameter is smaller if not SSI...
the 3 bolt pattern could be reversed... on a 1.7 there are 2 on bottom, 1 on top... maybe the 2.0 has 2 on top. 1 on bottom... confused24.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Same configuratuion, just further apart on the 2.0
TheCabinetmaker
Damn it! now I'm not sure. Don't have either one here today. Just a 75
SirAndy
QUOTE(Engman @ May 12 2004, 01:51 PM)
was advertised for a 2.0 914

post pics of what you have, both the muffler flanges and the HE flanges ...

Andy

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.