Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ouch!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
Just finished the trans rebuild and low and behold it fell off the table. broke the bell housing. are there any cases in my area? and it looked so nice.

Bernie
SLITS
Ah you North County Boys are always dropping something. chairfall.gif I'll PM you where you can pick one up close to you.
bernbomb914
Thanks to ron I will pick up a case tomorrow morning. I thank him for his quick response.

Bernie biggrin.gif
Bruce Allert
At 4:15 today I was picking my tranny up off the cart to carry it over to the car for install. as I was walking I had to push a piece of 2x12 out of the way & thought "all I need is to drop this suck'a"! Hope I din't jinx ya Bernie. Sorry for your bad luck, man sad.gif

BTW... slid mine in in 20 minutes. Jes'gotta hook evrythin up & see how the new clutch feels beer.gif

......b
bernbomb914
so It was your fault?

Bernie
Brad Roberts
Bern,

do me a favor and check the pinion bearing race. Stick your hand down inside the race and try to rotate the race. It is the larger of the two races that sit down inside the case. If the race moves... the case is worn out.

B
bernbomb914
Brad I will check the case I am getting from slits before putting any work in it

Thanks

Bernie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.