Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aftermarket Engine Compartment Sounds Deadening Pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ptravnic
I've tried doing a search on a variety of different word combo's but can't seem to find anything...

Point me in the right direction por favor...

-pt
ellisor3
Do you mean these??

http://www.automotion.com/catalogsearch/re...mp;q=engine+pad
ptravnic
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Apr 19 2011, 03:19 PM) *

Yep - Thanks for the direction. I thought there might have been a member vendor that had them as well. My memory is fuzzy though...

-pt
JmuRiz
Not really factory look...but they'll work.
I have an uncut sheet of that stuff, with the holes marked but never cut...and I know I didn't pay that much for it! I'll never use it...if you want to do some DIY work PM me and I'll let you know the details.

Wasn't it Appbiz or something that use to sell them...
jim912928
Yes...appbiz sells them. I just put one of his on...perfect fit, light weight and it looks factory. Great guy to do business with! He can be reached at (310) 834-3600. You can see his stuff on ebay as he has an ebay store...url is:

http://stores.ebay.com/Appbiz?_trksid=p4340.l2563

No affiliation...just a satisfied customer!

Click to view attachment
ptravnic
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Apr 19 2011, 04:15 PM) *

Yes...appbiz sells them. I just put one of his on...perfect fit, light weight and it looks factory. Great guy to do business with!

Click to view attachment

Ahh yes, that is the one that I remember seeing and couldn't find..
jim912928
just added his contact info in my above reply.
Joe Owensby
Several years ago I bought a liner from Auto Atlanta. It was not cheap, but had two layers of premium sound deadening material. I forget the details, but it had two layers. The first was the lead lined Dynamat material. The outer layer was a dense foam that looks similar to the factory pad. Came pre-cut and with adhesive layers attached. My car has been on the road a little over 3 years since rebuilding, and the pad still looks great. I think I posted some pictures here. JoeO
JmuRiz
Thanks for the link jim912928, that's the good stuff...better looking than the foil-looking stuff from automotion!
ptravnic
agree.gif

Nice, clean look.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.