Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question for WCC 2005 attendees
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Back in 2005 the WCC was held in Camarillo and organized by Howard. Inside the goodie bag was a CD with sound tracks. I may have played part of it once. I found it this am and decided to play it; unforunately, no sound track was audible on my computer, car stereo, or Bose.

Was wondering if anyone still has their CD and whether it still works; or am I missing something ?? Has the technology changed or something ?

Here's a pic... smile.gif
Andyrew
Mine worked, but It was stolen in my house burglary last year..

I'd be interested in this as well. Something to play in the car on its debut smile.gif

CD's dont last forever though.. Pic of the backside of it? Take a pic of the contents of the CD on your computer.
rick 918-S
I remember there was an issue with some of them not playing. I misplaced mine. sad.gif
Elliot Cannon
Didn't Toast put those together??
jim_hoyland
I tried again in the computer. Says its blank... sad.gif
SLITS
Do not despair ... I think I have all the tracks on a computer (one of 6 or 7) somewhere. I just have to find it.

Toast is going to look for her copy ... she thinks she still has it and will make copies for those so desiring (if her's works)

Give me a month or two av-943.gif

I certainly won't have the artwork as it was a real pain in the ass.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 19 2011, 04:27 PM) *

Do not despair ... I think I have all the tracks on a computer (one of 6 or 7) somewhere. I just have to find it.

Toast is going to look for her copy ... she thinks she still has it and will make copies for those so desiring (if her's works)

Thanks, looking forward to hearing the sound track smile.gif Think I could get the audio onto the original CD ?
SLITS
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 19 2011, 04:29 PM) *

Thanks, looking forward to hearing the sound track smile.gif Think I could get the audio onto the original CD ?

Once burned it's burned. We didn't use rewritable CDs. You'll have to settle for a blank and stare at the image on the defunct one
Andyrew
Jim or anyone with the CD, could you scan the artwork and post it?

Could we host the music CD as a download on the website or was it copyrighted material(If I remember it wasnt)?
SLITS
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 19 2011, 04:34 PM) *

Jim or anyone with the CD, could you scan the artwork and post it?

Could we host the music CD as a download on the website or was it copyrighted material(If I remember it wasnt)?

If I can put the scan and tracks on our server, I will .....

The copy of artwork I have is greyscale for test purposes on a clear plastic CD cover
Andyrew
Hosting sounds great.

Im sure someone here has access to a color scanner. (I know the colors werent very good on it though, exactly like pictured above)

Thanks Ron!
Toast
I have the oringal cd cuts still. Not sure If I have any more of the cd or jewl case pics. I will check my copies tonight or tomorrow and see if they still play.

I will make copies for those who want them. smile.gif
rick 918-S
I have a writter with a built in printer made for producing CD's and boxes of printable CD's if you need help. Just need the art work as a JPG or GIF and the original tracks I think.
jimtab
I have the one from 2004 in front of me....you know Licence and Registration.
jim_hoyland
I can photgraph the art work this am; pm me with an email address and I'll send the artwork
computers4kids
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 19 2011, 04:32 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 19 2011, 04:29 PM) *

Once burned it's burned. We didn't use rewritable CDs. You'll have to settle for a blank and stare at the image on the defunct one

Actualy that's a myth. If the cd was burned with an XP computer, you have an excellent chance of reburning new content on the cd. It does not re-write the cd, but actually uses the space unused on the cd to lay the new data tracks. I use to reburn cds quite often (yes the cheapo ones, not the re-writables).

Now if you used a proprietary program to burn the cd, then it's a crapshoot.
campbellcj
I have mine in my desk at home (out of town right now). I'd be glad to test it and grab/upload the content over the weekend if somebody else doesn't get to it first.
SLITS
I found my original CD, in the original jewel case. 22 tracks ... R&R, fun stuff, Classical.

Now to see how to get it to Rick Ollah for duplicating .. biggrin.gif av-943.gif

Anyway, not sure how or where to up load it ... but I will give it a try.

Also have the 2004 "License & Registration" ... seems to be blank, but I will try a couple of different computers to see if I can get the tracks off it.

Two pieces of Teener history ... memories of a damn good time. It appears that '04 and '05 were the only events that someone took the time to make a CD for all attendees ..

Rock and Roll forever ........................................

And I'm playing it now ...
Elliot Cannon
2005 WCC. The best one ever. So far. beerchug.gif driving.gif smoke.gif wub.gif chowtime.gif
campbellcj
I'm back in town and will check for my disc and upload it to a public Dropbox folder for anyone wanting a copy (assuming it's readable).

Here is some in-car video from our Streets of Willow track day. My car was running like crap due to Weber issues, but it was a total blast anyway!

http://www.vimeo.com/8526639
campbellcj
I realized the disc I have is just music, no pics or videos etc.

I can probably still rip and upload it if anyone wants, but there isn't much point IMHO. Was there another disc circulated too? I still have the badge, license plate thingie and nametag too. Good times. RIP Howard.
markb
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 23 2011, 09:56 AM) *

It appears that '04 and '05 were the only events that someone took the time to make a CD for all attendees ..

Nope. I did one for the 2002 wRamble in wReno smile.gif
jim_hoyland
Can the original CD be re-recorded ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.