Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.25" fuel gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Anybody know where I can get a fuel gauge that works with the stock 914 fuel sender? Dont tell me Auto Atlanta. Got a part #? biggrin.gif
JWest
I got this from Hartmut at North Hollywood a while back:

"The VDO fuel gauge 301 015 with a custom calibration to make it compatible with your 914 fuel sender could be supplied by us at $ 65.00 plus shipping. App. 4 days time of delivery".
Bleyseng
Chris, I posted a few weeks ago about this. After buying 2 aftermarket fuel gauges that didnt work, I made one using the oil temp gauge. I used the fuel sender out of the 914 combo gauge and installed upside down in the oil temp gauge. I scaned and photoshoped a fuel gauge using the oil face to start with. I was pretty easy other then installing the needle back on. This should be a piece of cake for a watch repair dude like yourself.
The whole thing done looks OEM in the console as it matches prefectly!

Geoff smash.gif
Kargeek
I don’t believe there is a VDO gauge that matches up. I took my tank sender and a couple of VDO gas gauges to my local speedo shop. N. Holloywood could do it. They swapped parts around to match the up to the resistance of the sender. DH
914Timo
Yes, there is standard VDO fuel gauge that works with 914 sender. I have one in my car. The VDO number is VDO 3309556 and/or VDO cockpit vision Kraftstoff-Vorratsanzeiger 301-010-008K.
ChrisReale
Thanks guys. beer.gif
JWest
Let us know what you end up doing. AFAIK the gauge Timo posted is NLA from VDO.
914Timo
I bought my about 2 years ago from local speed shop and it was about $40.
Bleyseng
I think this looks right and is cheap to make! The cockpit gauges are too small!

Geoff
MXMARK
This is the half way picture...........
I have replaced it with a 020 VDO fuel gauge.
The VW 320 020 it is adjustable from 60 to 90 ohm
I think my range was 74 ohm empty and 5 ohm full

This auto meter worked also. no pictures of the VDO yet. Mark
lapuwali
Which model of autometer gauge worked?
MXMARK
Lapuwali, I am done with this one if you want to buy it from me( I hope I don't get in trouble for selling). I bought it new about 2 mns ago. The application is for a ford. 0-74 ? ohm when it is on empty the tank is empty. I just wanted the whole dash to be VDO. I would recommend running the fuel warning light to somewhere that you can see it. At night I see the waring light againt my legs through the dash because it is stuffed behind my temp/press gauge. Thanks Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.