Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 in AutoWeek Today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis

Porsche-001 wrote:
idea.gif shades.gif I am on my third 914. I had one back in 1971 which I drove till it would go no further. A 1974 2.0 in the early 80's, what a blast. I made so many mods to it that it landed me a job with my local Porsche dealer. My present one is another '74 converted over to a 914/6 GT. Every where I take it people enjoy it. Its the kids that really get excited about it. They come with their parents and think that a car with two trunks, a top that stores away and still has room for storage is really cool. When I open the engine lid the Webers take over the conversation.
I don't know of too many cars that are 41 years old, race in the SCCA and can still kick but. They were and are still one of the best marriages of a car and an engine.
I have been watching them on eBay for a couple of years. Where there used to be many of them now there is only a hand full and they have gotten to be rather pricy. But then again so have the 356's.
As simple as they are they can be quite problematic. Most of those are from poor care and lack of maintenance. Not to put a plug here but if anyone is serious about buying one contact Dr. 914 at Automobile Atlanta.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110418/C...5#ixzz1K1rqEkL5
jcambo7
QUOTE(ppetion @ Apr 19 2011, 10:09 PM) *

Porsche-001 wrote:
idea.gif shades.gif I am on my third 914. I had one back in 1971 which I drove till it would go no further. A 1974 2.0 in the early 80's, what a blast. I made so many mods to it that it landed me a job with my local Porsche dealer. My present one is another '74 converted over to a 914/6 GT. Every where I take it people enjoy it. Its the kids that really get excited about it. They come with their parents and think that a car with two trunks, a top that stores away and still has room for storage is really cool. When I open the engine lid the Webers take over the conversation.
I don't know of too many cars that are 41 years old, race in the SCCA and can still kick but. They were and are still one of the best marriages of a car and an engine.
I have been watching them on eBay for a couple of years. Where there used to be many of them now there is only a hand full and they have gotten to be rather pricy. But then again so have the 356's.
As simple as they are they can be quite problematic. Most of those are from poor care and lack of maintenance. Not to put a plug here but if anyone is serious about buying one contact Dr. 914 at Automobile Atlanta.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110418/C...5#ixzz1K1rqEkL5

Hm...I wonder who wrote that. idea.gif
sww914
Those comments are funny. A bunch of bigmouths that don't know shit about 914's spewing. Good, let's leave the bigmouths that don't know shit in the Honda and Fiero clubs. I like this place like it is, a bunch of nice people who punctuate helping each other out and talking cars & boobs.
Drums66
....That's cool man! stirthepot.gif
bye1.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 19 2011, 11:55 PM) *

Those comments are funny. A bunch of bigmouths that don't know shit about 914's spewing. Good, let's leave the bigmouths that don't know shit in the Honda and Fiero clubs. I like this place like it is, a bunch of nice people who punctuate helping each other out and talking cars & boobs.

ILBT
Haudiosolutions
I'd like to suggest we improve the boob to car ratio. just a suggestion
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.