Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More about my other life.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Series9
This last weekend, we put out 200 jumpers over DeLand. The most ever:

Series9
The rest:

Series9
It's me from 20k feet:

Tom_T
idea.gif .....

hmmmm .... how about "borrowing" one of those PW's for a gas turbine in a 914? biggrin.gif
Series9
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 19 2011, 10:24 PM) *

idea.gif .....

hmmmm .... how about "borrowing" one of those PW's for a gas turbine in a 914? biggrin.gif

The PT6a is the best turbo-prop engine ever, but, in a car, too slow to respond....
BRAVE_HELIOS
In a really strong head wind, I've seen Twin Otters "sitting still" in mid air!

Brings back memories. biggrin.gif I worked for P&W designing the first stage high pressure turbine blades (PW4000 family).

Great pixs!!
Krieger
Kinda like a mini D-(eLand) Day. Looks like fun....were there 200 successful chute deployments?
sww914
Yeah man, 200 successful and only 2 failed and all anyone can talk about is those 2. Pessimists!
biggy72
I'm on the other end of things. When you want to only jump with a couple people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hkZlOQ1mgA

All but one of our MK II products in Europe are currently being used for skydiving.
PeeGreen 914
I'd love to learn to fly and I have a few jumps piratenanner.gif My brother is a Master jump master with well over a thousand jumps. However, most of his are with military shoots and not the nice kind biggrin.gif .

Sounds like a fun job beerchug.gif Your equipment looks nice. Most I have been lifted in you wanted to jump out of fear of those things not being able to land blink.gif
hot_shoe914
I only got a couple of jumps in back in the 90's, was awesome though. First jump was on the beach at the end of the pier where the Florabama lounge was. Second one was out of a twin engine King Air from 14000ft,being flown by an aquitted murderer. Sounded like a good reason to jump to me. piratenanner.gif
Series9
QUOTE(Krieger @ Apr 19 2011, 11:08 PM) *

Kinda like a mini D-(eLand) Day. Looks like fun....were there 200 successful chute deployments?

Actually, with the newer generation of ultra-high-performance canopies, malfunctions are much more common.

We were having one cutaway on every big load. huh.gif
Elliot Cannon
The Twin Otter (Twotter) was one of the most fun high-performance airplanes I have ever flown. Kind of an ugly airplane but they made up for it by being SLOW. laugh.gif
Phoenix to LAX one night into a head wind and looking down at interstate 10, I saw the cars were passing me!! av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.