Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blower housing alteration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lmcchesney
Does anyone remember the post where the blower housing alteration is done to imporve cooling? I recall two air outlets were blocked to imporve flow.
L. McC
tat2dphreak
I know you block of the 2 lower holes, the ones that feed into the H/Es...
Jake Raby
thats really not an improvement, more of a disturbance..
cha914
I thought this was standard procedure on engines with headers? Care to elaborate Jake?

Thanks,

Tony
lmcchesney
That is what I thought also.
I have two heat fans to push air through the heat exchangers, therefore, I do not believe I will need to divert air from the impeller to the H.E. and wanted to divert that air flow to the heads/engine. Would this not help the air flow? I realize it may not record a difference in head temp.
L.. McC
maf914
If these are closed off you end up with two square edged pockets on the inside of the shroud schroll which may disturb flow. You could fill these or make covers that match the curve of the schroll. I assume the flow would then be as good as before or increase slightly. Just a guess.
dmenche914
Just a hunch here, but it might be important to keep some air going thru the heat exchangers. Could it be they need this air to prevent damage do to over heating???? I just cannot figure why the factory would have them, as the electric fan(s) give enough air for heating the cabin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.