Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any 914's with a carrera paint scheme?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
I saw and older (maybe '78ish) blue and white Carrera at Hershey this year and WOW I loved the look. Has anyone seen a 914 done up like a carrera? It was a white 911 with blue fuchs and blue script..Sweeeeeeeet

I think if you had a carrera engine in your 914 it would be a legit paint scheme

Cheers
Kerry
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Va914 @ May 13 2004, 09:25 AM)
I saw and older (maybe '78ish) blue and white Carrera at Hershey this year and WOW I loved the look.

I think if you had a carrera engine in your 914 it would be a legit paint scheme

if you saw the same one i did, it looked like a classic '73 Carrera RS (donno if it actually was, but it sure did look the part...) my car's on its way to that look, but in a black-and-white scheme.

A Carrera engine in a 914 -- you mean - like a 4-cam ? biggrin.gif
(real Carreras have four cams ...)

The Carrera side script started with the '73 RS, so no 914.6 could have come with one ...
JmuRiz
I think it could look cool...not like your car looks stock anyway wink.gif Just get yourself a 2.7 RS spec motor built up and you could go all the way...get some GT seats, some fuchs wheels, lighten up the interior...could be fun!
JWest
I photoshopped it (white w/ blue) from a creamsicle LE picture a while back - I thought it looked good.

MikeZ can do the Porsche or Carrera script for you.

I am thinking of doing the removable panels (rockers, ft/rr valences) and wheel centers blue on my silver car for a different look (but can be easily changed back).
SirAndy
QUOTE(James Adams @ May 13 2004, 10:43 AM)
I photoshopped it (white w/ blue) from a creamsicle LE picture a while back - I thought it looked good.

well james, how about sharing with us? wink.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
JWest
It was a while back on a different computer - long gone now - SORRY!
buck toenges
Maybe like this? '88 3.2, maf, steve w chip. 1 5/8" headers and 911 sport muffler. '88 911 front suspension. Guess I could call it a carrera! biggrin.gif
Buck
Eric_Shea
Righteous!
i love porsche
there was a pic of a white one with red script and red fuchs and no flares on the flat-6 board...but i cant seem to find it....poo
Kerrys914
That is kinda what I was thinking but the fuchs would be colored to match. That 914 is very sweet looking and has the balls to wear the carrera badge smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks...some day pray.gif pray.gif
Hawk
Hey Buck,
I hope youre bringing that beauty to the Midwest 914 Classic on August 7 in Whitmore Lake, Michigan (southeast just above Ann Arbor).
I suspect there's a trophy with your name on it.
hawk
Eric_Shea
Shit... I'm flying out of DTW on the 7th. Can't you have it on the 6th.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(i love porsche @ May 13 2004, 11:23 AM)
there was a pic of a white one with red script and red fuchs and no flares on the flat-6 board...but i cant seem to find it....

try here
i love porsche
no, no..it was a 914...not a 911 rs....ill look for the pic tonite
seanery
This was my buddy's 75 Carrera that he did in IROC clone style. It was a beauty. Wish this pic showed more of it.
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.