Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: W/ 914 Content, My tools and car Threatened this morning by thugs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
texag09
So I was awaken at around 4am this morning to a loud banging on my door. I grab my handgun (licensed Texas CHL) from the bed stand pull on a pair of jeans and head down stairs. Look throught the peep hole and see my buddy from next door. He is a welder and works the night shift returns home between 4 and 5 in the morning. holster my gun in my waste band and open the door, assuming he was locked out or the dog got loose.

As I open the door I see he (also a licensed CHL) has his pistol in his right hand down by his side. He is out of breat utters grab your gun and come on. He leads me around by our detached garages, where I see the toolbox on my truck open. There is a 2010 Shelby GT500 slide sidways in the alley. In front of the car is another individual with gun drown on two guys one in handcuffs, surrounded by power and hand tools. He announces his self as an off duty Houston Police Officer says there is another guy that ran down the alley. Take off pistol in hand chaseing the 3rd guy down, not to be found.

As we are chasing the 3rd perp, my buddy tells me the story. He arrived home on his motorcycle saw my lid on the truck box open. We live in a safe place hardly any crime but near a major freeway. Thinking I left it open working ont he car he goes to close it for me. As he walks to the front he sees three men carrying armfulls of tools. He calls 911 and draws his pistol and confronts them. They drop all they have the one he draws on hits the ground spread eagle, the other two take off. By this time the off duty cop in the GT500 sees the situation speeds down the street past my buddy nabs one of the two on the run. Handcuffs him and releaves my buddy. Who then came and nocked on my door.

Needless to say we search guns drown for the third perp no luck. All of the tools from me and my buddy (who is building a 35 Nash Coupe next door) are recovered. As well as a stolen GMC pickup and some electronics from an unkown location.

No shot fired, 2 of the 3 scumbags stromberg.gif in cuffs. Time to shave shower and off to work.

Luckily the 914 was on jack stands, so it wasnt going anywhere.
pt_700
yikes! who needs reality tv?! glad you're ok and tools were recovered. not to mention that the f___ing thieves weren't also armed. nothing's worth an extra hole in the head, eh?
texag09
Yea the buddy who confronted them hindsight 20/20 said probably not a good idea being 3 on 1.
texag09
I arrived a little late to the situation so didnt get as much action as him, however I am still a little shakey/excited.

Waiting for them to post the police report. Looking on the web it shows three dry cleaners robbed between 2-3am and the trail leeds directly towards our street. Might be the same guys.
dflesburg
I thought in Texas you could have just hung the three from the nearest tree and been done with it....
texag09
Lol sad thing is by the time I got to work those scumbags were already out im sure, get a slap on the wrist and go still some more stuff, kind of a sad state of affairs we live in.
jcambo7
Talk about waking up in the morning. ar15.gif
AZ914
Good job man, glad it turned out well... thieves PISS me off!
quadracerx
MAN talk about messed up....Really scary that that happend to you....Glad you guys werent hurt and you got all your tools back....Thank god for your neighbor....you should share a few beers...I know you would do the same for him if the tables were turned...

Steve
texag09
QUOTE(quadracerx @ Apr 20 2011, 11:58 AM) *

....you should share a few beers...I know you would do the same for him if the tables were turned...

Steve

Yea I live in Townhomes so our garages share a wall, and I just got lucky living next to another car guy, with more tools then me. I havent had to buy a tool since I moved in he always has them to borrow. It is great to have good people so close.

Dont have a pic of his car but it is identical to this but black, he said the Nash club says there are only 5 examples of the 1935 3 window in the US. His grandfather (76yrs old) lives with him, and it is identical to the first car he owned minus the rumble seat. Drove it to his prom many years ago.

IPB Image
SirAndy
I hate thieves ... ar15.gif

Glad you guys are OK and you got all your stuff back. thumb3d.gif
sawtooth
Those bastards trying to foil a 914 restoration. It's bad enough having to fight rust, crooks too? boom.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 20 2011, 10:25 AM) *

I 2nd this...... popcorn[1].gif( Prosecution before execution!)
bye1.gif
texag09
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Apr 20 2011, 12:46 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 20 2011, 10:25 AM) *

I 2nd this...... popcorn[1].gif( Prosecution before execution!)
bye1.gif

As much as I love my tools, 2nd Admendment Rights, and try to carry a sidearm whenever legal. I dont beleive it would have been worth fireing a shot over some tools, ar15.gif too much litigation and stuff to be done afterwords, not to mention having to live with the thought of shooting someone. However had they been armed with more than stolen tools then ar15.gif
sww914
Man, if I were a thief I wouldn't steal a paper clip in Texas.
Mike Bellis
I love Texas! ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif gunner.gif gunner.gif gunner.gif fighting19.gif fighting19.gif fighting19.gif boom.gif boom.gif boom.gif beer.gif
patssle
Whoa, another Houstonian? What part of town are you in?

Oh and you don't need a CHL to defend your property. Or to carry in your car.
Cairo94507
Excellent work! I think Meatloaf said it best, "Two out of three ain't bad".
ConeDodger
QUOTE(texag09 @ Apr 20 2011, 07:52 AM) *

Yea the buddy who confronted them hindsight 20/20 said probably not a good idea being 3 on 1.

I guess that depends on what kind of groups you lay down... ar15.gif 'officer... he had a wrench in his hand and I was in fear of great bodily harm or death'.
Eric_Shea
Awesome. WTG! beer.gif
Ian Stott
Glad you caught them and you were not hurt, as for the thieves, well I have no sympathy for them at all. I think you maybe made your neighborhood a safer place by your actions, word gets out through grapevine and your neighborhood is one for thieves to stay away from. Good on you!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
texag09
QUOTE(patssle @ Apr 20 2011, 01:56 PM) *

Whoa, another Houstonian? What part of town are you in?

Oh and you don't need a CHL to defend your property. Or to carry in your car.

Yes that is true thanks to the new laws, it was technicly on a street public or homeowners association. But I have had my CHL since I was eligable 21 years old.

Makes buying new guns easy not wait for the background.

I live off of Memorial near 610 right outside the loop (post oak and memorial).
Gint
That's a hell of a way to start a day! ar15.gif
SLITS
When I lived in Houston (Sugarland), I thought it was a State Law to carry a 45 and have a six pack of Lone Star on the seat next to you!
rick 918-S
WTG! I would have loved to come up on those guys! ar15.gif I never get to shoot anybody! dry.gif
texag09
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 20 2011, 06:23 PM) *

When I lived in Houston (Sugarland), I thought it was a State Law to carry a 45 and have a six pack of Lone Star on the seat next to you!

It should be with one exception I carry a .40s&w or .357/.38spcl, and perfer the six pack of Saint Arnold Amber. (houston beer) http://www.saintarnold.com/
PanelBilly
Assholes! Last week the seats out of my beater van got stolden. Van was Seats had broken arms and the whole interior stinks of paint.

These people have no respect for the rest of us. To hell with jail, put them on a plane and drop them off in Cuba
Bleyseng
Lucky for the thieves that you weren't in Suriname as there aren't laws protecting them when caught. Its common to beat the shit outta of them if caught and I think the last count for the year was 5 dead from beatings. yeah, if caught you are lucky to live as the whole neighborhood takes part kicking the shit out of you so you know not to come back if you can ever walk again.
It still doesn't stop the stealing but mostly its done when you are gone from your home. Not too many people carry guns but more and more do for safety and now are shooting the thieves if they catch em, just wounding em so they can't get away till the Police finally arrive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.