Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How long???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
How long would it take to drive from say Disneyland to Seattle Washinton ? Driving a 914 that is.
swood
I've done it in 21-23 hours, not in a 914 though. MDB2.gif
Dave_Darling
Let's see... At "moderate" speeds (e.g., as many people passing you as you are passing out on I-5), you get 6 from Dunkel's to Silly Valley. 12 more from there to Portland. And I think 5 more (haven't done that drive) from Portland to Seattle. Knock off two hours for the I-5 to Silly Valley and back jaunt, and you get 21 hours.

--DD
Demick
It's more like 3 hours from Portland to Seattle, so you are looking at closer to 18-19 hours of driving time. Wouldn't want to do it nonstop.

Demick
scotty
really hard driving (meth) = 1 day (add 6 years if caught) laugh.gif
hard driving (10+ hours on the road each day) = 2 days wink.gif
relaxed driving = 3 days smile.gif
914 with breakdown(s) (if not in the best shape and an obscure part breaks) = 3 months biggrin.gif
Rocky
Your right on boys, 20 hours +/- 5 hours for all the repaving going on this time of year. mad.gif I make the drive to San Diego twice a year. It sucks.

My advice take the big boobed avitar and spend the night mid-way mueba.gif

Tim
skline
Well, the car just got a clean bill of health with the compression being 146 to 150 across the board with less than a 3% leakdown. It runs good considering its a brand new engine with less that a few hundred miles on it. I dont think there would be any problems driving up there. But then again, it is a 914 and over 30 years old.
Rocky
Im sure you know to vary your speed on break in and change oil often. Have fun. MDB2.gif Welcome to the emerald city, look us up we love teeners. beer.gif

Tim
vortrex
I did SF to seattle in a 914 and I believe it took me 16hrs?
reverie
So you're moving to Seattle? It rains a lot here, you know.. laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

All you long-distance drivers deserve a medal!!!
Joe Ricard
But I hold the record, oldest teener farthest drive in least total time. 3399 miles 3.5 days

I did San Diego to Goldbar in 21 hours. Ford f250 4X4. no cruise.

Pascagoula to Atlanta in 5 flat. (no officer I wasn't speeding. finger.gif
RAR
Used to do Seattle (the bluest skies you'v ever seen are in...sorry, got carried away) to SF in about 11 hours as I recall, in the early 70's. Ride was a 2002 BMW. Far less traffic then.
Most folks want to go the other direction (to Disneyland).
Bleyseng
12 hrs Seattle to SF cant remember how long to LA

Geoff
bernbomb914
Did Temecula to seattle in 22hrs in the motorhome 2 drivers.

Bernie
skline
Well, I am not moving up there. The yellow 914 is moving up there. The new owner is coming to pick it up and drive it up there. He wanted to know if he left on Saturday if he could be home to go to work on Monday. Rains way to much for me up there. I gave him the address for this board and he said he checks it sometimes but is not really into it. They just like teeners. I dont blame them, this car is great.
reverie
[QUOTE] He wanted to know if he left on Saturday if he could be home to go to work on Monday.

He'd be too zonked to work.. but if he is a mattress tester (like Lil Abner) then he'd be ready for work!

I forgot you sold it.. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.