Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cleaning basket weave seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
roundboy914
Well, after 10 years, two engines, and numerous hot and sweaty DE's, i really need to think consider douching out the interior of the 914. I have the basket weave seats, covered in uxurious naugahide, and was wondering the best way to get the dirt, grime, and smell out of them. I was just going to attack with a mild soap solution, rinse, and let the seat bases dry in the sun. Anyone have any suggestions??
Rusty
A mild solution of Murphy's Oil Soap. Test in an inconspicuous spot first. Then, a nice leather conditioner (not ArmorAll barf.gif).

Hope this helps,
Rusty smoke.gif
dmenche914
A soft bristle brush with the soap works graet. I like to use "Simple Green" or "409" to clean my vinyl.

dave
Qarl
I think it is best do deal with basket weave while under water.

Thus, you would be doing under water basket weave cleaning.
Chris H.
QUOTE(Lawrence @ May 14 2004, 01:00 AM)
Test in an inconspicuous spot first.

Amen to that Rusty! Don't scrub too hard or you will scrub the color right off, especially on the bolsters.

Hey Roundboy, are you coming to the next Windy City 9:14 meet or what? Hope to see you June 12th!
roundboy914
I may be out of twon that weekend, but if not, i will attend. Just have to find a babysitter for the child, the car seat does not work well with a 5 point harness. huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.