Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Online Radio Music
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott Carlberg
I've been listening to Radio @ Netscape, but they've now put a daily limit on how much you can listen to.

Since I'm not a paying member of aol (and NEVER want to be) I thought I'd ask where other good places are online to listen to music?
tat2dphreak
most local radio stations broadcast over the net here... go to your favorite local radio's web page... also, launch is pretty good...
SirAndy
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ May 13 2004, 02:45 PM)
I've been listening to Radio @ Netscape, but they've now put a daily limit on how much you can listen to.

my favorite:

http://www.hussieskunk.com/defaultII.htm

it's free and it's 24/7 !

you might NOT enjoy the kind of music tho,
aktion035.gif Andy
william harris
I really enjoy radioparadise.com The programing just seems to connect with my tastes in rock. Its free and no commercials. Try and support it if you like it. smilie_pokal.gif
TROJANMAN
I use the YAHOO station. Launch Radio
most types of music are free, and they only charge for some upgrades if you want them.
peridotian
www.spraydio.com
chelsie

cool indie stuff (Bjork, Air, Kraftwerk)
vortrex
kraftwerk is the best!

I just realized netscape took over spinner, that stinks.
airsix
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 13 2004, 01:56 PM)
http://www.hussieskunk.com/defaultII.htm

it's free and it's 24/7 !

you might NOT enjoy the kind of music tho,
aktion035.gif Andy

laugh.gif It's a German "David Hasselhoff 24/7" station! (jk) happy11.gif

-Ben M.
double-a
itunes radio: dozens of genres, hundreds of stations. but these days i mostly listen to groove salad (www.somafm.com). it's full of groovy laid back stuff (air, woob, omnimotion, etc etc) cool.gif

~a
SirAndy
QUOTE(airsix @ May 13 2004, 03:14 PM)

laugh.gif It's a German "David Hasselhoff 24/7" station! (jk) happy11.gif

funny that you mention that, i am ashamed of my fellow germans for that one. laugh.gif

i apologize, really, i do ... rolleyes.gif

i have no idea HOW Mr. Hasselhoff managed to get so famous in germany ...
confused24.gif Andy
double-a
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 13 2004, 02:17 PM)
i have no idea HOW Mr. Hasselhoff managed to get so famous in germany ...
confused24.gif Andy

his tremendous acting ability of course. wacko.gif

~a
Hi_Fi_Guy
My favorite internet radio portals... all MAC & PC compatible.

Live365.com

iTunes.com

OTRnow.com
campbellcj
I've mainly been listening to the RadioIO stations, which can be streamed from their web site (www.radioio.com) and also over Windows Media Player.
KaptKaos
www.radiofreevirgin.com

Also, check out the Philips Streamium system. I got one about a year ago, and it is very cool. I think that they are discontinuing the system, but it allows me to listen to mp3 sreams over the internet and play the mp3s off of my pc hard drive, all through a regular stereo unit. Its not a component system, but a small, shelp system, but it is fun noentheless. It has preprogrammed links to hundreds of stations, sortable by genre.

Have fun.

- Joe
mightyohm
www.shoutcast.com

Works with the winamp MP3 player. If you have the bandwidth, the quality is really impressive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.