Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rearview mirrors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bongo monkey
With the position of the rearview mirror mounted on the windshield, I can only see about 6 feet behind me, all the rest is blocked by the targa bar. Has anyone modified the mirror for better visibility? Mounting it on the dash? Mounting it lower on the windshield (it is about 2 inches from top frame right now)?
seanery
Is it the original windshield?
How tall are you?

I ask because I have no problems and see very well out the rear view.
Levi
It sounds like its sitting a little to high...speaking of high I think I'll have a drink, I'm a little stressed right now....errr...
markb
IIRC, the rear view mirror should be down about 4 1/2" from the top of the windshield.
bongo monkey
QUOTE(seanery @ May 13 2004, 05:45 PM)
Is it the original windshield?
How tall are you?

I ask because I have no problems and see very well out the rear view.

I don't know if it's the originial windshield, and I'm 5'9".

QUOTE(markb @ May 13 2004, 05:57 PM)
IIRC, the rear view mirror should be down about 4 1/2" from the top of the windshield.

Yeah, my mirror is way too high.

Will I need a new windshield, or can I just yank it off and glue it back on lower?
markb
When I had the windshield replaced on mine, the window guy put something on the mirror & it came right off the old one.
TheCabinetmaker
A sharp side ways smack will sometimes break it loose. I've had them fall off in my lap after a hard bump. You can aslo remove it with a thin piano wire or wound guitar string used as a saw, but I have also seen them break the windshield. Be careful.

Good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.