Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Club.com t-shirts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
736conver
Ok I got my 914 hat and I love it. I already ran into someone at Wal-mart and they saw the hat and we exchanged 914 stories.
So I got to thinking what about 914club t-shirts.
I can get an ultracotton heavyweight t-shirt 6.1oz with the 914club . com logo.
It would be screen printed
Cost would be $15 shipped to your door.
Is there any interest or I'm I just going to get one for myself.
736conver
Front
736conver
SirAndy
hmmm, the back looks kinda boring ...

we need to pack some more stuff on there!
Andy
brant
yeah.. more stuff on the back...

I want one...

b
anthony
The yellow/black prototype shirts Seanery did were awesome. I actually want another. I keep getting told that we have to wait for the mythical club e-commerce site to appear before another t-shirt run gets done. Why?
736conver
What else should go onto the back. Also dont want to step on any toes if there is another t-shirt thing going on.
vortrex
QUOTE(anthony @ May 13 2004, 03:39 PM)
The yellow/black prototype shirts Seanery did were awesome. I actually want another. I keep getting told that we have to wait for the mythical club e-commerce site to appear before another t-shirt run gets done. Why?

I want one of those, I missed out on that. couldn't there be a simple 914world.com paypal account to use for transaction processing? easy to post pics of items with a link to paypal!
4WheelDrifter
Maybe move the silhouette of the 914 over the "914world.com" and make whole thing bigger.
Trekkor
I want a shirt!

Idea for the back idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif

Line drawing of a 914 in full race cornering stance!
Like the pic of my car, minus the filthy body roll.

Andy's look good.
Trekkor
Perhaps this.
Don't remember where this came from, Roadglue?
Trekkor
pic might help wavey.gif
736conver
Thats a cool pic.
tat2dphreak
the shirts Seanery did were great, I wear mine all the time... it faded after 1-2 washes though!

trekkor: Sean's shirts had something similar...

I'm in for a shirt if you get the back design tricked out!
Qarl
hmmm, the back looks kinda boring ...

we need to pack some more stuff on there!
Andy

Andy,

Does this mean you like packing it in people's backsides?
736conver
Great now I have to wipe sam adams off my monitor.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(736conver @ May 13 2004, 05:24 PM)
Great now I have to wipe sam adams off my monitor.

....leave it to Qarl clap56.gif

.........b laugh.gif
Joe Bob
I have a few backside pics if ya need em.... unsure.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Sean Lee was gentelman enough to present me with this at last years MUSR.

Front
TheCabinetmaker
damn, I hate it when I do that
TheCabinetmaker
back
GWN7
"I've already got one. It's very nice" Monty Python

Actualy there is one here, but I haven't seen it since the boy grabed it. <_<
F4i
QUOTE(GWN7 @ May 13 2004, 07:49 PM)
"I've already got one. It's very nice" Monty Python

Actualy there is one here, but I haven't seen it since the boy grabed it. dry.gif

You gave your son a grail? laugh.gif
415PB
Let me know if it's a go. I will gladly purchase one.
ablose58
Let me know also if you are taking orders cause I'd like one too!!! smilie_pokal.gif
bwilless
How about a darker color? Dirt and my t-shirts are attracted to each other.
SirAndy
QUOTE(trekkor @ May 13 2004, 05:08 PM)
pic might help wavey.gif

i like the pic!

that, under the 914club logo (with the car outline moved behind the font) would be schweet ...

the yellow should be white tho ...

IPB Image
SirAndy
more like this ... idea.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(bwilless @ May 13 2004, 07:43 PM)
How about a darker color?

YSAF
(yellow shirts are faster)
Brad Roberts
How about we wait for shirts. Unless you are prepared to handle 100's and 100's of orders I dont suggest you persue this. This means dealing with 100's and 100's of people when you collect their money PRIOR to having them made. I like the fact that you want to help (no joke) but dealing with everyone and everything involved WILL be overwhelming.. sooo unless you have LOTS of free time or plan to have the shirt maker handle all the transactions.. no go. I have an Asian shirt maker on hold that will ship to us for HALF of whatever you come up with price wise. I hate the fact that I'm going oversees for this.. but to save money..

Many people want to help.. we appreciate your efforts.. but please be realistic about this.

I have a awesome group of admins here. Soon we will run design ideas past each other and have OUR graphics guy's work on designs.

B
ablose58
COOL!!!
neo914-6
dealing with everyone and everything involved WILL be overwhelming

agree.gif A couple of years ago I designed and got 100 shirts made for my family's reunion cruise. I had a (Art Center designer) friend who owns a shirt printing shop on the side print them at cost. I basically paid for the blank shirts and his employee working late to get them done in a few days. Before that I spent a good part of a week on the phone taking orders from my relatives all over North America. I had to lug these shirts to the ship and then distribute them. Even armed with a detailed spreadsheet everyone mobbed me, I had to deal with the money, many wanted to change their sizes, and some just took them off the table. Oh well, I did it for the family's benefit.

Whomever does these, make sure you use quality materials. You want the club and the car well represented. The design is best done by a few talented people since concept iterations can go on forever.

I hate to be the Simon but those proposals are not "Great". Are we a "me too" or a "unique and bold" group? Graphic design can work but the joke in school was people select this media because they cannot draw, lol. If the printing media is a given then you have ALOT of art techniques to work with...

Felix
736conver
Ok I will pass on this then, per Brads post
I wouldnt have a problem dealing with all the orders keeps the wife busy, looks like it might be hard to get everyone together on the art though.
736conver
Well it looks like my wife was already a step ahead of me. Just receive an email saying my order was already in progress, news to me.
She pluged in Andy's last artwork. She's a go getter when it comes to crafts and things. Oh well Its a small order.
seanery
Curt,
that's the least I could do, you drove all the way to pick me up at the airport! smilie_pokal.gif
TheCabinetmaker
It was a beautiful drive and it was my pleasure.
Van914
Sean,
My hats were here when I retuned last night.
Great Job!!!!!!

smilie_pokal.gif
Van914
GaroldShaffer
if its not to late I will order one(XL shirt), let me know.

- Garold
nein14
I'll take 2 XL'S let me know where to send payment. Thanks!
VegasRacer
I will take 1 Medium please.
Rusty
Uhhhh... blink.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Lawrence @ May 14 2004, 10:55 AM)
Uhhhh... blink.gif

my thoughts exactly... smile.gif is this happening or not? and when?
Qarl
I'll take one, Large... if it happens.

Is the 914club's future effort to make shirts the same as getting the e-commerce site running? Heard about it for a while, but haven't seen much.

I know you guys want to control everything, but there has been several attempts by anxious group members to create a cool 914 t-shirt and the admins have always nixed it. (I recall distinctly 72Signal914 coming up with some cool designs and Brad asking him to back off).

I know this is a volunteer effort, but if someone wants to make a shirt and take the burden off the admin's already full hands, then I say go for it.

(Believe me this is not meant to be a slam or an insult). I, along with the entire group, appreciate 914club and what goes on around here.

Let's get some T-shirts, NOW, dammit, while it's still warm and summertime is upon us!
lagunero
Maybe we're getting some in the goodie bag at WCC and the Admins don't want to spoil the surprise smile.gif
scottb
if the t-shirt thing is happening, put me down for 2 XL please and thank you....

now what addy for paypal????

muchas gracias......

and a nice hat pic. ain't she cute?
736conver
I sent Brad a message about this.

Lets see where that goes and either he or I can respond about this.

Then we will go from there. The t-shirts that were ordered are of low quanity. I have had several PM's about people asking for some. I will not sell any of them until they arrive and once I get the ok.
Jenny
I think Brad went to the Reno AX today
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jenny @ May 14 2004, 01:03 PM)
I think Brad went to the Reno AX today

yupp, i'm leaving soon too. might be hard to get ahold of him over the weekend, unless one of those geeks brings a wireless schlepptop ... wink.gif

driving.gif Andy
seanery
736, you may run into a problem with the art. I don't know who owns it, but I do know that I paid for a tshirt a couple years ago with that art on it. As small as our 914world is I won't be surprised if the artist is here or sees/hears about it and isn't too happy.

Hope that doesn't happen.
Let me know if it does, I can try to help smooth it over.
Rusty
This probably could have been handled better.

To answer the previous question, yes we are working on eCommerce. What we'd like to do is have proceeds from 914World.com "stuff" go to support the hardware, software and other costs of running the BBS.

If anyone would like to do a 914world.com product, please contact the admins by PM or email to discuss it off-BBS.

thanks!

-Lawrence
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.