Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebuilt Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
papermaster
Have got quotes on a rebuild for a 2.0 liter 74 starting at 3K to 5K. The 3K quote comes with a 18K mile warranty. But not sure of the mechanics rep (German Import in Simi Valley, CA) as got quote of 5K (and could go higher) from TREK in North Hollywood (as per this board it's a good shop).

Sure 3K is great price but does that sound too low?
Jake Raby
Damn, for a stockish rebuild I get about 5K, and thats even with ceramic lifters, powdercoated tin, balance, and dyno time..

I think the going rate is about 4K judging from what customers tell me.
bernbomb914
save your money and buy one of jakes kits it will be cheaper in the end. I Know from my experiance.

Bernie
Mark Henry
Ask them for a list of the exact services that they are going to do (to call it rebuilt) and post them here.

The heads are where a large chunk of the money should be going.
Jake Raby
if at least800.00 of the $$$ isn't going into the heads- you're getting cheated.
Joe Bob
Just labor will run 2K......then add in gaskets, lifters, cam, and any while you are in there stuff.....not forgetting valve job, guides, any valves that are out of spec......priced a sodium valve lately?

Adds up quick......

BTW, if ya want instant gratification, I just MAY know where a rebuilt 2056 is for sale.....4500 outright and you get to KEEP YOUR motor.... ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.