Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another wheel and tire question. :)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RJMII
While lounging on the couch with my knee incredibly swollen and painful, I was playingon facebook and saw a pic of Byron's stash of wheels.

It got me to pipe dreaming about the day I'm able to work on my car again. There is a set of fiberglass flares in the trunk, and a set of 16x7 Fuchs already in place on the non-flared version of my car.

My goal is to keep all four corners the same size of tire, and make the track width of the front of the car match the back. (for handling while I roll it around the shop and ability to rotate the tires every few months when I take it off of the jack stands av-943.gif rolleyes.gif Why isn't there a jackstand emoticon?)

My question, think I should upgrade to 8 inch wide wheels for all four corners, or get spacers for the 16 x 7's and put something wider than a 205 on them?

Or should I just go for fat tires for the rear and forget the rotatability, just in case I actually get to where I can put all 450hp to the ground?

suggestions? comments? jackstand emoticon/smiley? pipedream smiley? av-943.gif
euro911
Here's the one they made for me on NARP dry.gif

:euro:

IPB Image
rick 918-S
Fat sticky tires on at least 9" wheels. 450 hp will still light them up at will but at least they will stop spinning at some point through the RPM range..... unsure.gif ....or idea.gif not. shades.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 21 2011, 03:29 PM) *

Fat sticky tires on at least 9" wheels. 450 hp will still light them up at will but at least they will stop spinning at some point through the RPM range..... unsure.gif ....or idea.gif not. shades.gif

450hp????? And how would you know this?

rich
JRust
9" fuchs in the rear are kick ass! I have been trying to find a pair for 3 years now. To dang cheap to pay $1500 for a pair though. I know someday I will get the deal I want on them. Until then oh well. 8's still fill things out pretty good. On the money side of things I would spend your money on your motor & getting everything all dialed in. Drive it & work on the wheel part later.

How are my spacers coming ? poke.gif
RJMII
On the money side of things I would spend your money on your motor & getting everything all dialed in. Drive it & work on the wheel part later.

We're on the pipe dream side of things in this thread. That's on the reality side of things.

I'm waiting for aluminum for the spacers for you. slowly plugging away on emblems and wheels as energy allows. but you knew that. poke.gif
JRust
You & your fuch in wheels lol-2.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 21 2011, 03:52 PM) *

You & your fuch in wheels lol-2.gif

my TINY fuch in wheels. av-943.gif I'll send you one of the litte fuch screw ups with your spacers so you can use it as a paper weight or dangle it from your rear view mirror to measure g-forces. If it cracks your windshield, you know you were braking too hard.
Mike Bellis
Jim, Glad to see you're moved and feeling slightly better, save for the knee. On My car with 930 flares I can fit 9" all around. I think I can fit a 10" with the right offset in the rear. Right now I have ATEV 7.5x16 and 9x16. I would love to fine four 9x16 Fuchs but my budget won't allow for it. Worse comes to worse I may buy two 9x16 ATEV's for the front. I have also considered steeling Andrew's Cup wheels. Since he doesn't drive the car he may not notice them missing... confused24.gif
RJMII
THanks Mike! I got your T emblem cut out, it needs cleaned up and polished now. It's good to see you're back to work at a new job. congrats!

Not to point out a certain issue with your theory on Andrew's wheels... but it doesn't seem to me that you're driving your car either. poke.gif

On the front, how much narrower is it than the rear? What thickness of spacer do I need? (I could probably look it up, or just measure when I get to that point later on in life after my jackstands rust away out from underneath the car)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.