Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberglass parts at pelican
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Loser_Cruiser
How does the quality of their (pelican parts) fiberglass pieces compare with other manufactures? Or who makes them for them? Their prices seem decent for the flares at least.

Thanks
GeorgeRud
Any fiberglass can be good or bad. Mostly it matters on the care and patience of the person doing the installation. Don't know who Pelican buys their flares from currently.

Usually, fiberglass does entail a fair amount of cursing as they never seems to really fit right out of the mold.

Unless it's a race car, metal flares are the way to go on a street car. If you ever want to sell the car, a future owner will be much easier to find if you can advertise metal flares instead of fiberglass.
Loser_Cruiser
I plan to do steel in the future( when I get the car painted) but after browsing through the recent bolt on fiberglass flare thread, I feel like that would be a decently cost efective route to get the car on the road and shaken down before disassembly for paint.
r_towle
What thread are you talking about?
Linky link?

And if you are planning to bolt/rivet/screw them on...get the cheap ones...they will be fine.

Rich
Loser_Cruiser
This thread smile.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=117186

I wanna get my parts all mounted, holes drilled and mistakes made before I send it in for paint so I'm not messing up an expensive paint job.

raw1298
I am not sure, but the part number starts with QRS on some of the parts. I am assuming they are from QRS who sells on ebay.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(raw1298 @ Apr 21 2011, 06:57 PM) *

I am not sure, but the part number starts with QRS on some of the parts. I am assuming they are from QRS who sells on ebay.

Jeff at QRS was very nice to deal with and his prices are very low. His work is really nice as well.
raw1298
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Apr 21 2011, 07:37 PM) *

QUOTE(raw1298 @ Apr 21 2011, 06:57 PM) *

Jeff at QRS was very nice to deal with and his prices are very low. His work is really nice as well.

I am using the GT quarter panels from QRS. They are great people to work with, and helpful on the phone.
Loser_Cruiser
I was actually looking at these:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/smart/...%30%2D%37%32%29

the QRS are nice but I feel like with the ones I've linked I can easily go to steel when the time comes with out having to undo significant changes (other than removing the fiberglass flares).
Eric_Shea
I saw some QRS panels at Glenn's... VERY nice stuff.

That Rothman's Livery 914 off-roader isn't too far off!

(Now... to find a nice tub)
Loser_Cruiser
Does anyone know where this style of glass fender+flare can be bought? The closest I can easily find always have the sails cut off.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Jun 13 2011, 08:02 PM) *

Does anyone know where this style of glass fender+flare can be bought? The closest I can easily find always have the sails cut off.

That looks like a QRS flare/fender. Do not go to the QRS website. Hackers have attacked his site and it downloads script to your computer. Contact him through ebay or brouse his site at your own risk. Update you virus software first!
Loser_Cruiser
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 13 2011, 08:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Jun 13 2011, 08:02 PM) *

That looks like a QRS flare/fender. Do not go to the QRS website. Hackers have attacked his site and it downloads script to your computer. Contact him through ebay or brouse his site at your own risk. Update you virus software first!

Probably will go with the qrs, his don't appear to have the integrated sail panel though sad.gif. Thanks for the heads up on the site.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.