Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The usual problems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dbelleperc
When I am driving my 914 1.7 around a right hand corner the car looses power and jerks and jerks until I get it straighten out and the power will come back to normal. The same thing happends when I make a left hand turn but not as often and it also happens when I pull away from a light but it also doesn't happen all the time. Is this a "CHECK YOUR GROUNDS" situation or is there another problem with my car. Thanks in advanced.
sechszylinder
i guess thats an electrical problem. check not only your grounds but also all other connections. have a look at your fuel pump ...

benno
Brad Roberts
Hi David,

welcome to "this" board.

Check and see if your coil is tight. The Bosch Blue coil that everybody likes to run doesnt fit the stock coil clamp correctly and can rotate against the engine tin and arc out on corners.

Then get back to us. I dont think this is a ground problem like we normally see.

B
need4speed
Does oil slosh around in the T4 engine pan on turns like it does with the T1 (VW Beetle) engine?
JWest
Yes, it has similar oiling issues. The "tuna can" is a popular solution.
dbelleperc
I checked the coil and it is in there tight. How would I check the fuel pump? And "Forgive me Father I have sined" [not religious just saying it] I have been hanging around Pelican and Rennlist to much and not been able to help out you guys and girls [If there is any here] but Pelican and Rennlist have seemed to be getting really slow so I think I will be hanging around here more often.
seanery
The atmosphere here is great!

No tudes and lots of good stuff.
Bleyseng
For the fuel pump, just carefully pull the leads off and clean them. Check and clean all your grounds, that corrode and cause problems
Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.