Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: New Car a Few Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joea9146
I picked this up about a month ago traded in the 3 series sedan. Thought I would share a few pictures. Car is equipped with the Sport Package and 5 Speed and 2.5
joea9146
jjjjj
joea9146
kkk
joea9146
ll
tat2dphreak
schweet!!! I do like the Z4s MUCH better than the Z3 it retired...

I drove a M-Roadster a couple years ago (or rather, tried to) I couldn't FIT! I am not that tall either!! but I had to keep my head forward (in a "bow your head and pray" position) to keep from hitting one of the bars in the top... not comfortable!! it was more like that bar was just in a bad spot than there being not enough room...

I think they have corrected that with the Z4s though.... and they look so much better!!

congrats!! smilie_pokal.gif
mike_the_man
I think I prefer the Z3s, but the Z4s are pretty sweet cars too. Do they come in colors other than grey? I think all of the Z4s that I've seen have been grey. It does suit the car, mind you.
SirAndy
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ May 14 2004, 06:49 AM)
I drove a M-Roadster a couple years ago (or rather, tried to) I couldn't FIT! I am not that tall either!! but I had to keep my head forward (in a "bow your head and pray" position) to keep from hitting one of the bars in the top... not comfortable!! it was more like that bar was just in a bad spot than there being not enough room...

same here, tried a Z3 M-Edition when they first came out.
couldn't fit in, the top of the windshield frame was right where my eyes are ...

and i'm only in the 6'1 - 6'2 range ...
sad.gif Andy
peridotian
How do you like it? The wife is getting a new car for her b-day (aug 18th) and is leaning towards Boxster S. Did you even consider the boxster?
schweggy
Nice ride...
I have a 325is and a 318i and have been looking (sorta') for a Z3 M Coupe. Ya know, the funky station wagon looking one. They only made them for 2-3 years I think. Makes 'em worth a little more $$ in the long run (IMHO.) There's a darkish maroon color that looks really nice on the Z4 too.

Now for the necessary P content;
Took my 74 914 to HPH in Redwood City today to have its tranny looked at. I lost 1st gear a couple of weeks ago and none of the "simple" things seemed to do any good. headbang.gif

Will be "toy-less" for the weekend but will surely enjoy having 5 foward gears again!! driving.gif
seanery
That M Coupe is supposed to be a bitchin' driver. Really competent, from what I have heard & read.
mightyohm
Too bad they look like a big shoe...
(the M coupe)
schweggy
I test drove a M Coupe last year... Only street car I've driven that scared the sh#t out of me. aktion035.gif Hence my desire to have one and be scared all the time. cool.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ May 14 2004, 05:28 PM)
Too bad they look like a big shoe...
(the M coupe)

I agree icon8.gif barf.gif
joea9146
QUOTE(peridotian @ May 14 2004, 07:09 PM)
How do you like it? The wife is getting a new car for her b-day (aug 18th) and is leaning towards Boxster S. Did you even consider the boxster?

I like the car a lot I looked at the Boxster S but the S was a lot more money.
and I already have a 914 and a 911 so I went with the BMW.
Its a lot diffrent than the Z3 more room and a lot stiffer.

The garing in this car is a lot different than my 3 series with a 5 speed
this car pulls really hard even in 5th gear it has a lot of pickup

There are rumors of a Z4 ///M coming out later this year.

Thanks for the good words... smile.gif
campbellcj
The E36 M-Coupe is an awesome car IMHO. Odd looking, definitely, but kind of cool in the same way that I also like the MGB-GT for some reason.

For packaging reasons they do not have the same LSD and traction control setup as the M3, which apparently makes certain driving conditions a bit too "interesting". (I previously had the M3 which was a very stable and forgiving car.)

Sorry but I've never been a fan of the Z3 or Z4, or not a huge convertible fan in general I guess. I do think the Z8 is sweet though, as it should be for $140k.

My favorite roadster as of yesterday is the F360 Modena Barchetta...damn....I followed one to work and that is one gorgeous and sweet sounding vehicle.

Unfortunately (or luckily?), expensive street cars without usable (for kids/stuff) back seats are not in the future for me anytime soon...notably this does not include 911's and I think my next daily driver will be a taildragger.
MattR
Im a huge fan of the Z4. Congrats on your purchase! I hope it performs as good as it looks smile.gif. Im not a big fan of most of BMW's stuff, like the 3 5 and 7 series because I think they're too big. Similarly, I dont like the Z8 that much either, or the 6 series, or the X5. Just about the only new bmw i would consider driving would be the Z4. Kinda falls in the TT and Boxster S class of cool sporty german cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.