Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New trans axle for V-8 conversions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TC 914-8
Factory 5 racing has replaced the G50 transaxle in their GTM with this new Mendeola gear box. The GTM has always been a future project for me, but for a mere $8600.00 and 12 weeks your 914-8 could do 200 mph. Paste the link below if it wont take you there directly.
http://factoryfiveparts.com/product.php?pr...=1&featured
pktzygt
Outfront Motorsports puts Mendeola gear boxes in their Suby powered sandrails.

Maybe someday!
Loser_Cruiser
Not a bad price really. I'm looking at converting my 915 eventually with tw bug@5-speed kit and that's roughly 4-4.5k plus the transmission needs to be re-sealed at a minimum and that still a used transmission. So 8600 for brand new isn't bad, that being said I will still be dreaming smile.gif
charliew
Not for the 914 because of it's length but the sti 6 speed would be a lot cheaper if it can be converted to fwd like the suby 5 spd. I've never taken the center dif apart in the 6 speed suby tranny.
andys
Might want to check the fine print; It might be that all parts and service must be arranged through Factory Five, since it's made to their spec and you can't buy one like it directly from Mendeola......anyone know for sure?

Nevertheless, $8600 for a new transaxle is a really good price.

Andys
drive-ability
Nice unit but really, that beauty needs to be installed in a chassis designed using a computer LOL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.