Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight switch swapping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scoobykvn
I have a late 'wide body' switch in my car that is wired with a harness from a '76 that seems to have an internal short. The gauge lights always have some power going to them that fluctuates as I move the headlight switch. I also have switch from an earlier year that I want to try to use. Is it possible to swap these switches? If so, how is this done, since there is 1 more wire on the late style switch.
914Mike
QUOTE(scoobykvn @ Apr 22 2011, 05:38 AM) *

I have a late 'wide body' switch in my car that is wired with a harness from a '76 that seems to have an internal short. The gauge lights always have some power going to them that fluctuates as I move the headlight switch. I also have switch from an earlier year that I want to try to use. Is it possible to swap these switches? If so, how is this done, since there is 1 more wire on the late style switch.

IIRC, all you have to do is find a dual connector for the extra wire, and figure out which wire it jumpers onto...

I thought all 914 switches were the same, 914-613-414-10, and narrow ones are VW parts?

>Edit Apparently there is a newer number for '72 up, 914-613-414-15. END Edit<
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.