Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: temp switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
I was under the car and wanted to sheck the temp switch. The taco plate has the part sticking out and a rubber boot (that fell apart) with the wire sticking out. When I removed the wire and boot I don't see the switch? I put my finger in the hole and fely what could be wire ir pices of wire. Is the switch supposed to stick out of the taco plate or do you have to remove it to get at the switch, any photos would be a great help.
SirAndy
QUOTE(ruddyboys @ May 14 2004, 03:02 PM)
I was under the car and wanted to sheck the temp switch. The taco plate has the part sticking out and a rubber boot (that fell apart) with the wire sticking out. When I removed the wire and boot I don't see the switch? I put my finger in the hole and fely what could be wire ir pices of wire. Is the switch supposed to stick out of the taco plate or do you have to remove it to get at the switch, any photos would be a great help.

yes, you have to remove the taco plate to get the cover off.
PITA as you have to drain the oil first. (otherwise you'll have a VERY quick oil-change!) ...

you can't really get to the spade connector of the sending unit with the cover installed, soooooo, i guess it's oil-change time ...

Andy
ruddyboys
Thanks for the quick response Andy, I needed to change the oil anyway. I am just glad the PO didn't just pull the switch and shove a piece of plastic bag up there
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.