Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 engine assembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
reharvey
After working all winter getting everything together for my engine it has finally been assembled. It's a wonderful feeling when it all goes togther. 96 KB pistons--Webcam grind #73.
euro911
Ah yes ... looks very nice. thumb3d.gif

I still need to source some good 911 swivel foot adjusters for the 2056 build Richard (T4) is doing for me. I blasted and painted all the tin and fan housing, etc. a couple of months ago ... and just ordered a CSP Bell Crank throttle linkage set up for it a couple of days ago.

SOON biggrin.gif
Drums66
.....looks fine!....here's to things working out beerchug.gif
bye1.gif flag.gif
rwilner
shiny
reharvey
Yeah--it's pretty. Hoping it runs as good as it looks! Won't be ready to install it in the car for a few months. This is my fifth 914 restoration project and maybe my best. Practice makes perfect. LOL
Speedster Mike
QUOTE(reharvey @ Apr 22 2011, 11:53 AM) *

Yeah--it's pretty. Hoping it runs as good as it looks! Won't be ready to install it in the car for a few months. This is my fifth 914 restoration project and maybe my best. Practice makes perfect. LOL

Great detail work!.....I'm sure the inside is the same!!!...Good luck! Hope she runs well!
reharvey
I installed the wiring and hoses today. Going to start the trany this week. It's a very low milage ( 6000 mi ) tail shifter that needs to be converted to side shift.
Cap'n Krusty
Hope you're good at tearing down the engine, 'cause a WebCam 73 won't idle nicely because it's too rich, and you could play soccer on the throttle opening flat spot.

Sorry for the rough surprise, but somebody's gotta tell you.

The Cap'n
bigkensteele
Cap'n, Thank God you are not a doctor...

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 25 2011, 08:00 PM) *

Hope your life insurance is paid up, 'cause your heart won't idle nicely because it's too rich, and you could play soccer on the aorta opening flat spot.

Sorry for the rough surprise, but somebody's gotta tell you.

The Cap'n

PanelBilly
Looks like your on your way to installation soon. Keep going and keep updating us
reharvey
People seem to love or hate the Webcam #73. There are a lot of variables when you modify a fuel injected engine but I've installed this in three of my cars over the years without a problem. It'll idle rich and you need to make a few adjustments to the injection system to compensate for that. I love the deep throaty exhaust sound at idle and the added torque at the lower rpm range. Has anyone else used this cam in their car? How has it worked out for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.