Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TPS problem?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mgphoto
Hello and thanks for looking,
I am having a problem with calibrating my TPS, I am not sure if it has a part missing.

In the photo below is there supposed to be a contact in position A as there is in position B?
This is a later 1.7 engine EA code.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Mike

Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
I may be wrong (been a long time since I looked in there), but I don't think there's anything missing there. The accelerator pump contacts of the switch are only supposed to activate in one direction, when you open the throttle. And that setup is part of what makes that happen. If there were one on the other side, that could make the enrichment happen when you close the throttle as well.

At least, I think that's what's going on....

--DD
mgphoto
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 22 2011, 03:10 PM) *

I may be wrong (been a long time since I looked in there), but I don't think there's anything missing there. The accelerator pump contacts of the switch are only supposed to activate in one direction, when you open the throttle. And that setup is part of what makes that happen. If there were one on the other side, that could make the enrichment happen when you close the throttle as well.

At least, I think that's what's going on....

--DD

Hello Dave,
Thanks for responding.
I found a number of photos in several treads that show something different, see below.
This is and image of a repaired 2.0 TPS and I have a early 1.7 that has basically the same thing.
Mike

Click to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
Yes. There should be two contacts.
mgphoto
Hope that explains the "trailer hitching" and the very poor gas mileage, also the engine has intermittent pre-detonation.
She runs great as it is warning up, than when she gets to operating temp engine begins to ping under load and performance is terrible.
I can retard the ignition to get rid of the ping but low end suffers terribly.
Mike

r_towle
bbbb
Dave_Darling
I guess I was indeed wrong!

That alone will not explain the pinging. You may have a very lean mixture when the engine is warm.

--DD
r_towle
two contacts...

Rich
mgphoto
I also misspoke, I have the later 1.7 with the 5 pin connector.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.