Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New helmet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
PeeGreen 914
So I was going to get another SA helmet when one of the guys I race with informs me that the motorcycle rating is suficient so long as I am not doing wheel to wheel. I may still get one so I can get a HANS but for now I just picked up this piratenanner.gif
Randal

New helmets are good, especially when they have cool graphics.
campbellcj
QUOTE(ishie @ Jun 2 2011, 06:30 PM) *

hi dude i am new in motoring i replace my helmet can't find it anywhere. if you dont mind can you tell me where is the best store to buy one? sad.gif please help.

Where are you located? You can buy helmets online but it is best to go in person to a showroom with a decent selection so you can confirm the size and make/model that will best meet your needs.

Good places here in SoCal include Werks II in Burbank and Sube Sports in Huntington Beach.
campbellcj
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Apr 22 2011, 03:30 PM) *

So I was going to get another SA helmet when one of the guys I race with informs me that the motorcycle rating is suficient so long as I am not doing wheel to wheel. I may still get one so I can get a HANS but for now I just picked up this piratenanner.gif

I thought most sanctioning orgs require SA rating for any 'track' events not just W2W racing...that one does look nice though
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jun 3 2011, 12:30 AM) *

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Apr 22 2011, 03:30 PM) *

I thought most sanctioning orgs require SA rating for any 'track' events not just W2W racing...that one does look nice though

I was under the impression that DE events require SA rated helmets.
SA helmets have two features important for automobile use which M rated helmets don't have.
1) Resistance to damage from contact with roll cage tubes
2) Fire retardant lining.
PeeGreen 914
Our tracks up here don't have any issue for DE. I may do one or two DE a year though. I mostly autocross so it really doesn't matter. I do plan on buying another helmet next year if all goes as planned. I will need to get a Hans smile.gif
Dirty Evo
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Jun 3 2011, 08:46 AM) *

Our tracks up here don't have any issue for DE. I may do one or two DE a year though. I mostly autocross so it really doesn't matter. I do plan on buying another helmet next year if all goes as planned. I will need to get a Hans smile.gif

you need to get a HANS? The means you will be RACING next year?
PeeGreen 914
We have a few great rallies up here and I may be starting in rally racing as well as autocross if all goes as planned. However, I can't let this get me off track of getting the GP car built for next year piratenanner.gif
TorqueJunkie
For you guys that only race once in a while, you can rent HANS devices for weekends for cheap at most tracks or equipment suppliers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.