Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mirror glass and antenna
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lmcchesney
One of my side mirrors has broken glass. Has anyone converted to the curved glass(Objects apprear closer) to replace their passinger side mirror glass? if so, what technique did you use to cut the glass?
Also, what antenna did you decide to use on the 914? Is there a in window antenna kit that works on the 914?
L.McC
415PB
I just went to a glass and mirror shop and brought my old mirror. They matched it perfectly and it only cost me 7 bucks per mirror.
lagunero
My car came with only the drivers side mirror, but curiously enough the mirror is one of those "objects are closer" deals (sorry I don't know what their called). I like it. It's kinda like the nascar mirrors, wide view but less detail, but safe for the streets.

My car also came with the antenna hole on the drivers side, so I just replaced it with the Hirschmann. I the cable was long enough to reach the radio and doesn't interfere with the tire. If I didn't have the hole I would have gone with a sleek, stubby and boosted type somewhere on the car. I just keep it fully retracted.
Uncle Richy
I just went to a glass and mirror shop and brought my old mirror. They matched it perfectly and it only cost me 7 bucks per mirror.

Me too. $10.00
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.