Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: camber plates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Woody
Are they comparable? Are there other options im missing out on? Any shortcomings to the weltmeister brand?
PeeGreen 914
Go with Tarret. Ira makes very good products and he stands behind what he makes. The new Weltmeister camber plates are nice and they did fix the problem they had. However, I would rather purchase from Ira over Automotion if I have the choice. beerchug.gif
sww914
Everything Tarret is better than everything Weltmeister. Rebel Racing Products is good too, some of it is Tarrett and some is his own design. Different colors and different prices.
http://www.rebelracingproducts.com/SuspSteerpage2.html
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 23 2011, 08:14 AM) *

Everything Tarret is better than everything Weltmeister. Rebel Racing Products is good too, some of it is Tarrett and some is his own design. Different colors and different prices.

agree.gif Lots of Tarret in my suspension...
jjackson
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 23 2011, 11:17 AM) *

QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 23 2011, 08:14 AM) *

agree.gif Lots of Tarret in my suspension...

Other options are Tangerine Racing (Racer Chris on this site) or Ground Control.
JJackson
campbellcj
Here's what happened to the Weltmeister piece installed on my car by the PO:

IPB Image
Cracked strut top monoball by cjcam, on Flickr

Earlier fun with Weltmeister swaybar droplinks:

IPB Image
Broken Weltmeister drop-link by cjcam, on Flickr

There's no more of their stuff in my suspension now...
stugray
holy crap!

I never thought that a sway bar was under that kind of a strain to break a drop-link.....:-0

Stu
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Apr 24 2011, 09:47 AM) *

Here's what happened to the Weltmeister piece installed on my car by the PO:

IPB Image
Cracked strut top monoball by cjcam, on Flickr

Earlier fun with Weltmeister swaybar droplinks:

IPB Image
Broken Weltmeister drop-link by cjcam, on Flickr

There's no more of their stuff in my suspension now...

For what it is worth, Weltmeister changed their camber plates since then as this was an issue more than one had. The newer ones have yet to have the same issue.

That said, I'd rather buy from Tarret, GPR, Tangerine or PMB if I can.
campbellcj
QUOTE(stugray @ Apr 24 2011, 11:53 AM) *

holy crap!

I never thought that a sway bar was under that kind of a strain to break a drop-link.....:-0

Stu

It's a combination of crappy geometry and cheap hardware. I now have a Smart Racing bar up front and a restored factory rear bar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.