Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 1.7 intake manifold gaskets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BMXerror
As the title says, I need the intake manifold gaskets (between the head and the intake runners) for a 1.7. I ordered from Pelican and they said they were out of stock and none of their suppliers have them. I won't give AA my money, so I'm asking if anyone on here has some that they're willing to let go of. I need them to get my engine running again after a year off. Please PM me. Thanks.
Mark D.
bdstone914
IPB Image

Have these good used ones shipped to you for $11. If you want them paypal email is bdstone914@aol.com. I can get them in the mail today.
BMXerror
Not sure I trust the used ones, but thanks Bruce.
Mark D.
markb
bye1.gif
BMXerror
QUOTE(markb @ Apr 23 2011, 06:01 PM) *

bye1.gif

Is that to say you have some? At GPR? Because I can't find them on your website... or is that to say they're NLA?
Mark D.
bdstone914
I might have a pair of new ones. If not get a set from GPR. The used ones look flat and no cracks. Your choice. If you are in the Riverside area you are welcome to see the new shop and parts hoard.
Bruce

QUOTE(BMXerror @ Apr 23 2011, 12:11 PM) *

Mark D.

falconfp2001
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 24 2011, 06:10 AM) *

I might have a pair of new ones. If not get a set from GPR. The used ones look flat and no cracks. Your choice. If you are in the Riverside area you are welcome to see the new shop and parts hoard.
Bruce

QUOTE(BMXerror @ Apr 23 2011, 12:11 PM) *

Mark D.

Look for VW type 2 bus gaskets or type 4. easier to find and a lot of suppliers.

BMXerror
QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Apr 24 2011, 08:46 AM) *

Look for VW type 2 bus gaskets or type 4. easier to find and a lot of suppliers.

I looked at those and they don't look the same (at least on the internet pictures). The profile is the same, but they don't seem to be the same 'spacer' thickness. They look like a regular paper gasket. I could be wrong. confused24.gif
Anyways, I think I found a set. Hopefully I'll get them by next weekend and be able to install the engine on Saturday. Thanks for all the replies.
Mark D.
cary
I too have struggled a bit with the GPR site.
But they are in there under engine.

http://www.gprparts.com/shop/oem.php#cHJvZ...nBvc2l0aW9uPTA=

Full link didn't post. I can see the whole thing here on the quick edit. Not a nerd, so over my pay grade.

I used 1973 as the year.
cary
Looks like the link was too long.

Here's the part #. W0133-1638514
markb
The web site sucks! We know this & have a new one ready to go up. Just waiting on the supplier we're hooked up with to finish their part. Call the 800 #. Works much better, and we give you better prices. I have 2 of the phenolic gaskets here at the house that I don't need anymore. $25.00 shipped USPS CONUS if you want them.
BMXerror
QUOTE(markb @ Apr 24 2011, 09:53 AM) *

The web site sucks! We know this & have a new one ready to go up. Just waiting on the supplier we're hooked up with to finish their part. Call the 800 #. Works much better, and we give you better prices. I have 2 of the phenolic gaskets here at the house that I don't need anymore. $25.00 shipped USPS CONUS if you want them.

Again, I think I found them with another board member, but if that falls through for some reason I'll definitely give you a call. Thanks again for your input. BTW, I added GPR to my '914 parts' section of my bookmarks. beerchug.gif
Mark D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.