Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC - computer help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi all -
I was hoping som of our computer geniouses could help me out!

My home computer is saying there is a system error then it gives me 60 seconds to save any open work before it automatically reboots. I have searched the net for a description that fits and a download to fix it, but with only a 10 minute window to search I have come up with nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

(I am learning to type fast however!)
Scott S
Rusty
Sounds like you got hit with a worm. Is your firewall and antivirus software up to date?

I assume you're running Windows... what version?
tod914
http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.asp

Im not that pc savy, but I seen this from another forum. Hopefully that will help.
skline
Well, if it is not the Sasser worm, and it is coming up saying that the RPC has caused a fault and will now shut down, the only way to get it to stop is to go into services, double click on the RPC Remote Procedure Call and go to Recovery and change all three actions to restart service instead of restart computer. That way it will just continue to try to restart the service and not the whole PC, you have to be fast when you do it though as it only gives you about 60 seconds. Then you can run a remote virus scan on it from www.antivirus.com which will redirect you to Trend Micro's website and you can run a free online scan of your computer. Good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.