Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CAAGHING!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
225 x 45 x 15 R3SO3 Hoosiers, 4 ea........816 US of A bucks, all up.

My CSOB side is having shitfits. pain30.gif
Mueller
Damn....that is a bunch O'bucks !!!

I just got my new rims AND tires last night...they cost about the same.....I forgot the darn camera at work, hopefully tonight I can snap a few pictures.

Did that include mounting and balancing?
Brad Roberts
Hell no that didnt include M/B. That was probably TireRack pricing. We pay 790$ for the 205/50/15's road race tires.

B
ChrisReale
Damn, thats pricey. Those tires are sticky tho MDB2.gif
jonwatts
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 15 2003, 09:25 AM)
Hell no that didnt include M/B. That was probably TireRack pricing. We pay 790$ for the 205/50/15's road race tires.

B

What a bargain!

But these guys last a while, right?
J P Stein
"all up".....by that I meant including mounting and balancing, stems, sales tax, yada.....free flat fixing, too blink.gif

I went with the R3s cause thay last longer. A local hot frog....er...dog says he can't tell the difference between these and the A3s , gripwise. Maybe a tenth or 2 says he....I ain't goin' to Topeka.
seanery
Anyone used the Michellin Pilot Sport Cups?

I think I remember someone on the RL racing saying they got really, really good wear out of em.
drew365
J.P. I bought the R3's in 205/45/16 and 245/45/16 at America's Tire Co. which is the same place as Discount Tire and the total out the door was $822. So I think you got as good a deal as you could. Habits usually don't come cheap. sad.gif
J P Stein
Ayup, America's Tire.
The price was decent, relatively, but still painful.
The only cheep habit I have is cussin'. rolleyes.gif

The only test I've seen of the Pilot Sports vs anything
was in Pano. Those twits managed to burn up a set of Victor racers in about 15 laps on a road course. Hoosiers were conspicious by their absence from the article.
Joseph Mills
You got a good deal JP. I just received a set of the A3S03s delivered to my door @ 785.46. No mounting, but it did include heat cycling of the tires, which supposedly adds to their life span. Probably just adds to their $$$ mad.gif

We'll see. I'm just hoping to get a full season of AX from them. In fact I'm running them at SCCA AX only. For the local Porsche AX I'm running my street tires - they actually do quite well.
brant
how many of you hoosier guys use the heat cycling?

brant
drew365
Tire Rack online is the only place I know that offers the Hoosiers with heat cycled. Since I got mine at a local store I have to find a large cul da sac in an industrial area early Sunday morning to heat cylce mine. Don't know yet if it will help. I flat spotted the fronts this weekend so it didn't help there. rolleyes.gif MDB2.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 15 2003, 02:11 PM)
how many of you hoosier guys use the heat cycling?

brant

Brant,

I chose to heat cycle mine.

Here is some info on the process of heat cycling:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/com...atcycletech.htm

And here is what Hoosiers recommends:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/com...atcycletech.htm

If you have access to a race track, you can do your own heat cycling.
Brad Roberts
We have bought ours heat cycled for years. We just dont have time to heat cycle them ourselves.

We normally get 12-14 heat cycles out of the Hoosier before they become autoX tires for us.

B
Mike T
When I first started autocrossing my green car, during the initial setup and testing, I bought used tires from a guy in Wisconsin. Later after the car was set up I started buying sets of new tires.

Last year I needed tires half way through the season and didn't have the budget for new so I bought more used tires from the Wisconsin guy. Car stuck better than it had in years. I suspected it was because I had been unable to properly heat cycle the new tires and the used ones came "scuffed in".

Of course we may be talking apples and oranges, I use Goodyear roadrace tires; 23x9-15, R210's

Mike T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.